GAME #120, ST LOUIS CARDINALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 16, 2017, 01:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

CARDINALS V RED SOX

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2017, 7 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, FS-M

ST LOUIS, (61-58)............................................................................................BOSTON,(68-51)

ST LOUIS:

LANCE LYNN, RHP, 10-6, 3.12 ERA, 117K

In his most recent start, Lance allowed three runs (two earned) on six hits over six
innings in a no-decision.  He has not allowed more than two earned runs in a game since
June 29.  He is 0-1 with a 2.08 ERA in two career starts vs. Boston.

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 4-3, 3.80 ERA, 96K

The lefty turned in his best performance since returning from the disabled list last time
out, firing six shutout innings against the Yankees.  Rodriguez picked up a win over the
Cardinals in St. Louis on May 16, allowing three runs over six innings.

E-Rod tasked with cooling off hot Cards

Quinn Roberts

The Cardinals and Red Sox finish a quick two-game series at Fenway Park on Wednesday with a rematch between St. Louis right-hander Lance Lynn and Boston left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez.

The pitchers faced off on May 16 in St. Louis, with Rodriguez getting the win after allowing three runs on five hits in six innings. Lynn allowed four runs (two earned) on three hits in six innings for the loss.

"They have some new faces since we saw them in May," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "The schedule works out and you sort of have a familiarity there."

The Red Sox lead the American League East by 4 1/2 games while the Cardinals find themselves 1 1/2 games back of the Cubs in the National League Central.

Both starters are on quite a roll. Since July 1, Lynn is 4-1 with a 1.61 ERA, which leads the Majors. Rodriguez has allowed just two runs on six hits over his last two starts.

Before the game gets underway, the Red Sox will honor the 1967 "Impossible Dream" team, which won the American League pennant for the first time since 1946.

Nearly 20 players from the team will attend the ceremony, including Carl Yastrzemski, Jim Lonborg and Rico Petrocelli. The ceremony will be live streamed on redsox.com.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME

• Lynn has held opposing teams to two earned runs or fewer in 18 starts, which leads the Majors. He hasn't allowed more than two earned runs since June 29.

• Lynn is 5-8 with a 3.73 ERA in 22 games (19 starts) during Interleague Play.

• While Rodriguez struck out seven and allowed just two hits over seven scoreless innings in his start against the Yankees on Friday, 53.9 percent of the batted balls against him were hit with at least a 95-mph exit velocity according to Statcast -- the second-highest single-game rate of his career.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20170815248593692/e-rod-tasked-with-cooling-off-hot-cards/?game_pk=491901

Bear

Red Sox vs STL:

Núñez 2B,
Betts RF,
Benintendi LF,
Ramirez DH,
Devers 3B,
Bogaerts SS,
Moreland 1B,
Vázquez C,
Bradley Jr. CF,

Rodriguez LHP

Bill-806

It is my hope that E-ROD is making my concerns go away.... iono rofl

MongoLikeSox

I have yet to figure E-Rod out. No question he has talent, though.

Rob from Mass

Going to the game tonight and can`t wait to see Yaz and the gang from the 67 DREAM year.
Tonight would be ideal for Erod to step up and go 7 strong innings.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 16, 2017, 12:23:23 PM
Going to the game tonight and can`t wait to see Yaz and the gang from the 67 DREAM year.

That should be fun.  I have to make sure to watch the pre-game show too - sure beats watching the news these days!

Bill-806

Please STAND & hold a sign that says, "ROB from the BOSOX BOARD" !!   ENJOY the game as it was only  1967 a few years ago !! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 16, 2017, 12:40:27 PM
Please STAND & hold a sign that says, "ROB from the BOSOX BOARD" !!   ENJOY the game as it was only  1967 a few years ago !! thumb_u rofl

Well I was 7 then, and I'm only 29 now!   :D

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on August 16, 2017, 03:02:18 PM

Well I was 7 then, and I'm only 29 now!   :D

Damn, must have been great anti aging pills back then.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 16, 2017, 03:02:18 PM
Please STAND & hold a sign that says, "ROB from the BOSOX BOARD" !!   ENJOY the game as it was only  1967 a few years ago !!

Well I was 7 then, and I'm only 29 now!   :D thumb_u
And BILL-806 was 18 and on the fantail of the U S S  HIGBEE  DD-806 in LONG BEACH California with a transistor radio to my EAR and hanging on to every pitch.... "THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS, WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD NEVER END" !!! thumb_u rofl

markj

markj

markj

markj