GAME #117, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, August 12, 2017, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sale and Barnes are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Sale pitches 7 gem innings and Barnes needs just one to blow the game.

ipot

The Red Flops will cede the ALE by Friday and never see 1st place again.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Now we need Sale for the WC game.  And then get swept in the ALDS.  About right.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Quote from: ipot on August 13, 2017, 09:43:02 PM
Farrell is an idiot for IBBing Judge and PH-ing Devers.  He gets 50 percent of the loss.

When did they walk Judge intentionally? Let's not forget Betts gave them a run with his misplay. Guess it was foolish to pinch hit Devers.

markj

Well I'll be...3 pitches, 3 swing and miss strikes. Scott gets them out of the mess Barnes left. Need to go get a glass of rum to wash down the crow.

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Yes!!! Devers ties it up. Very cool. And saves Barnes' butt, incidentally.

ipot

Ya gots to be kidding.  Raffy goes yard. :o
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Reed forget how to throw strikes? Lead off walks kill.

markj

markj

Farrell ain't waiting around for Reed to blow this one.

markj

What was that? I thought Farrell came out and signaled for a new RP?

markj

Now they're switching. Not sure what that was all about.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 13, 2017, 10:08:49 PM
What was that? I thought Farrell came out and signaled for a new RP?

Can't make 2 mound visits without pitching to a hitter. Hitter must complete his at bat between visits.