GAME #116, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, August 12, 2017, 01:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Well Scott got it done but not without aggravation.  Beni had a great day.  Nice win.

ipot

Quote from: elktonnick on August 12, 2017, 06:24:25 PM
Well Scott got it done but not without aggravation.  Beni had a great day.  Nice win.

The W it is.....phew.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Nice way to kill that momentum shift I was worried about.  Good symmetry dropping 2 5 run innings on them. 

Of course Alfred E. Farrell "What me worry?" had me on the edge of my seat after those 2 dingers.

Bill-806

The  RE-DO of one Fred Lynn, that's  Benni Biceps !! thumb_u rofl

Rob from Mass

Pomeranz continues to show WHY the Soc thought so much of him. With Espinosa out with TJS  it looks like the Sox knew exactly what they were getting.
6-0  in last 11 starts with a very good ERA of 2.43.

markj

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 13, 2017, 07:45:44 AM
Pomeranz continues to show WHY the Soc thought so much of him. With Espinosa out with TJS  it looks like the Sox knew exactly what they were getting.

He has surprised a few of us for sure. I just wish he'd be more economical with his pitches and go deeper into games.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on August 13, 2017, 09:10:59 AM

He has surprised a few of us for sure. I just wish he'd be more economical with his pitches and go deeper into games.
That's why I would like to see him follow Sale in the roto who goes 7 plus all the time and  the pen will be fresh when needed early when DP pitches.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 13, 2017, 09:10:59 AM

He always seems to struggle with the number of pitches.  Last night it was that one bad inning where he had a tough time getting outs, but a good inning for him is usually still 20 pitches.