GAME #115, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by Bear, August 11, 2017, 12:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Couple good chances to blow this game open and didn't.

ipot

Quote from: Schloicka on August 11, 2017, 07:53:16 PM
Couple good chances to blow this game open and didn't.

A few LOBs, esp. by Young and Bogaerts.   
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

2 1/3 left now for our bullpen to hold a 3 run lead.  Let's hope they lock this one down.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

3-0 in the 8th and I figured I was safe to go grab a quick shower. Come back to a 3-2 game and 2 on with no outs. Oy. Hope the BP doesn't blow this one.

ipot

Addison Reed was brought in to lose games against teams that aren't the CWS. What a s--t show. 

3-2 and he's left 2 guys on with 0 outs.  Kelly has his work cut out for him.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Reed had no command at all .HBP  homer single bb and Kelly on

markj

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

markj

ipot

Love it!  NYY steal the Sox' "April-June" playbook =  No bats for 7 inns and then pounce on the pen in the late innings.   

Addison Reed stinks.  Kelly inherits his mess and serves it up.

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

NYY will now be 3.5 GB. 

I guess the strategy was to wait to play the Red Sox these next 10 days to take over 1st.  ::)
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

This sux. A loss like this will do wonders for morale for the rest of the series.