GAME #114, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, August 09, 2017, 01:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Nice to take the 2 games from the Rays after losing 5 of last 7 including 3of 4 in July at the dump.
I know it's hard to give Farrell for most here since managers never win games but they are on the hook for 90% of the losses.
Nice job JF.  DAMN THAT WASN`T HARD AT ALL.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 10, 2017, 11:17:15 AM
Nice to take the 2 games from the Rays after losing 5 of last 7 including 3of 4 in July at the dump.
I know it's hard to give Farrell for most here since managers never win games but they are on the hook for 90% of the losses.
Nice job JF.  DAMN THAT WASN`T HARD AT ALL.
He's not been nearly as bad this year at quite a few things. Some more environmental or global things is my biggest gripe with him this season (same crap as normal for him). I've done little to no bitching about his staff management. It was every game last year. At least it seemed like it.

His penchant for strange pinch hitting seems to have decreased. Could be because of limited options. 

I was nervous about which Barnes was going to show up. I was even about to bitch, but thought there could not be a better situation to work on his high stress work than to do so with the game not technically on the line. Yet. I was quite relieved with XB backhanded that hard hit ball.  :D 

longgame

A bullpen like that can make any manager look good.  Let's hope they can keep it rolling.  It's helpful when you have a game like last night where the relievers come in, get the job done and you don't need to have guys getting up and down in the pen all night.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2017, 12:43:25 PM
A bullpen like that can make any manager look good.  Let's hope they can keep it rolling.  It's helpful when you have a game like last night where the relievers come in, get the job done and you don't need to have guys getting up and down in the pen all night.
B I N G O  dat !!   Yes, the manager is only as good as the PLAYERS that PLAY !! thumb_u rofl

ipot

Quote from: longgame on August 10, 2017, 08:16:26 AM
Pretty solid win.  Porcello would have stayed out had it been last year, but there's no way you can take a chance with that guy.  Smart to get him out and ensure he gets a win.  The bullpen is particularly good right now and having both Workman and Reed helps limit the load on the other guys too. 

Day off and then time to really take it to the Yankees.  They could put them in a world of hurt with a sweep but I'll take 2 out of 3.

The HR issue is the risk with him.  He got it somewhat under control last season.  So, I get antsy if he has 2 guys on base, 2 outs, and then the guy at the plate could hit one out of the park.  Then it's 3 runs in 1 swing...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Yankees just lost tonight (Thursday) to the Jays
4 - 0.

SO, our Sox go into the Yankees series with a 4 1/2 game
lead in the AL EAST.