GAME #111, CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 05, 2017, 03:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 05, 2017, 10:41:56 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on August 05, 2017, 08:53:23 PM
Easy game tonight. And it was short time wise. On to Sunday.

Let me tell you what I liked about tonight's game.

1. We won
2. Pomeranz pitched another good game
3. We blasted two two run bombs in the first and second inning to get us going.
4. The bullpen did it's job well.

What I didn't like about the game.

1.  We got only five hits---and that makes me wonder.  I hope we are not about  to go into another offensive drought again.  We cannot afford to do that.  Both Nunez and Devers went 0 for 4, a rare bad day for both, but it shows just how valuable those two have been because without them we seemed to get five or six hits too many times to count and mostly with very bad results.  Please, no more of that.

I was thinking the same thing, Fred. Aside from the two bombs, not much offense. Luckily those 4 runs were all Pomeranz and the bullpen needed.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 05, 2017, 10:41:56 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on August 05, 2017, 08:53:23 PM
Easy game tonight. And it was short time wise. On to Sunday.

Let me tell you what I liked about tonight's game.

1. We won
2. Pomeranz pitched another good game
3. We blasted two two run bombs in the first and second inning to get us going.
4. The bullpen did it's job well.

What I didn't like about the game.

1.  We got only five hits---and that makes me wonder.  I hope we are not about  to go into another offensive drought again.  We cannot afford to do that.  Both Nunez and Devers went 0 for 4, a rare bad day for both, but it shows just how valuable those two have been because without them we seemed to get five or six hits too many times to count and mostly with very bad results.  Please, no more of that.

Pretty much my feelings too, Fred. Outstanding on all levels except the 5 hits. Let's not plunge into one of those ruts....I think we won't.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Another  "W" ......  "LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR RED SOX"  !!! thumb_u rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 06, 2017, 06:35:40 AM
  Another  "W" ......  "LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR RED SOX"  !!! thumb_u rofl

They are as long as they keep playing well and don't suddenly think they're back in July.  We all know how that month went.