GAME #110, CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 04, 2017, 05:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Need these type of wins when scoring is low. Good pitching again. Might not of looked pretty all the time but they did the job.

markj

Yankees lose again, so Sox gain another game. Now up by 3 (2 in the loss column).

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 04, 2017, 08:57:01 PM
Setting up for another walk-off win I hope! 

Where is everyone tonight?  I guess I'm the only one stuck at home watching the game!  sigh

Ted---I think I might have a decent excuse for making myself scarce tonight even though I usually don't post during games since I'm a bundle of nerves.  This morning as I entered a car wash I tried to avoid a car that was trying to cut me off, so I thought.  I ran into a pole.  My left fender is history, the glass over the light there was shattered so I was on the phone with my State Farm Rep and then with Claima Rep and then my mechanic.  Round and round and round and round I went so you will excuse me for not having my head in this game as I usually arm.

It would have been a complete washout of a day but it turned out to be a very good one baseball wise.....car wise with my beloved Mustang, not so much.

markj

Sorry to hear about the car woes, Fred. I hope it works out ok with the insurance company.

ipot

Same here, Fred.  Car bang-ups can put a damper on the day.  Mustang, too.  Hope you work it out with insurance and mechanic.

Well, the Sox got another dramatic walk-off into the night.  With a solid outing by E-Rod.  So, good omen for  getting the car back to good as new. thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 04, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
Yankees lose again, so Sox gain another game. Now up by 3 (2 in the loss column).

Things may be starting to look up.  We have been fortunate to win a number of extra inning games, something we failed miserably to do in 2014 and 2015.  Tonight we faced a pretty good lefty in Carlos Rondon so our hitting was just average but our bullpen did the job even though I'm getting a little nervous about Kimbrel and hope it is just a bad streak he is in and of short duration.  Moreland seems to be coming around but Betts, Benintendi and Ramirez still are firing and falling back.  Hanley has to get with it because we cannot carry a bat like he has produced the rest of the season or definitely for next year.  We need a hitter, either for average or power at first base.  Good for Moreland tonight.  He made us all happy and the bullpen did its job again.

ipot

Quote from: markj on August 04, 2017, 08:59:37 PM
Kimbrel is slipping lately. And I've been seeing a lot of hits get between 1st and 2nd since Pedey's been out.

Yes, he has.  3 blown saves in the past month.  This dramatic escape jam tonight will hopefully right his ship.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Kimbrel is slipping lately. And I've been seeing a lot of hits get between 1st and 2nd since Pedey's been out.

I don't think much has gone through that should of been caught. Nunez plays a pretty good 2nd. Not great but does the job. Sometimes he's playing shifted towards 2nd in a dp situation or he might be covering the bag on a steal attempt and the ball goes through the hole. I think we are just spoiled by Pedroia.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 04, 2017, 10:47:51 PM
Sorry to hear about the car woes, Fred. I hope it works out ok with the insurance company.

Thanks markj.  You're a real stand-up guy.  I have full coverage and $50.00 deductible so barring some unforseen circumstances it ought to be a fairly smooth outcome.  We'll be on vacation while the car is being worked on.  Besides, a Red Sox win and Yankee loss takes a lot of the sting out of today's unpleasant surprise.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 04, 2017, 10:57:12 PM

I don't think much has gone through that should of been caught. Nunez plays a pretty good 2nd. Not great but does the job. Sometimes he's playing shifted towards 2nd in a dp situation or he might be covering the bag on a steal attempt and the ball goes through the hole. I think we are just spoiled by Pedroia.
That's my point. Pedey makes plays that others don't. It shows when he's not there.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on August 04, 2017, 10:52:38 PM
Same here, Fred.  Car bang-ups can put a damper on the day.  Mustang, too.  Hope you work it out with insurance and mechanic.

Well, the Sox got another dramatic walk-off into the night.  With a solid outing by E-Rod.  So, good omen for  getting the car back to good as new. thumb_u

It also helps to have my friends on this board watching my back IPOT.  And good omens are fine by me.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 04, 2017, 10:58:47 PM

That's my point. Pedey makes plays that others don't. It shows when he's not there.

Pedroia probably make more great plays but I didn't see anything tonight that having him at 2nd would of mattered defensively.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 04, 2017, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: markj on August 04, 2017, 10:58:47 PM

Pedroia probably make more great plays but I didn't see anything tonight that having him at 2nd would of mattered defensively.
Not tonight specifically, but since he's been out, I've seen a few where I thought, "Pedey would have had that."

Bear

Fred, happy that you weren't hurt....well, shook up yes, and a bundle of nerves, yes.
But your car can be replaced; you can't.
Sox are starting to play ball; about time.
Walk-offs, great to see and they're so exciting.
Eleven innings!  Gotta cut those out and how about a day game soon?
I believe Rob of Mass had tickets for all three games with the White Sox.

Bill-806

Another nice final result  "W" ......  Read where  E-ROD had  120 pitches over  6 innings ???  If true, CONCERNING !!!  Also,  Han/Ram ???  What's the medical report on him ????  Nice walk off by Moreland !!!  Stay at it boys, "make Hay" while the YANK$ are on a skid !!! thumb_u rofl