GAME #109. CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 03, 2017, 12:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

How do you walk a 105 hitter twice in the game? Just throw it down the middle. Moncada could of been the 3rd out.

Schloicka

Beni loves running into outs. I wonder sometimes about his baseball IQ.

longgame

Porcello never saw a lead he couldn't at least try to blow. What a poor performance by him after getting spotted 4 runs.  Just not good.  Looks like in the bottom of the 5th we may rally again.  Let's hope Farrell doesn't run Porcello out there any further after he got his 5 innings.

Schloicka

Excellent 2 out hustle by Xman on the infield hit and then scoring on the Moreland double. 9-5 Red Sox after 6 innings.

Schloicka

Reed with a 123 inning in the 7th. All infield ground balls. Barnes will pitch the 8th.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 03, 2017, 07:55:46 PM

Oops, he did it again.  ::) :P sigh iono

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 03, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Not even close at 3rd. Need to put a shock collar on Beni. You run into an out you get zapped.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 03, 2017, 09:12:23 PM
Quote from: markj on August 03, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Not even close at 3rd. Need to put a shock collar on Beni. You run into an out you get zapped.
rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Nice 123 inning by Barnes in the 8th. Still 9-5 Red Sox after 8 innings. Looks like Workman will pitch the 9th.

markj

Schloicka

Another 123 inning in the 9th. Sox win 9-5. On to Friday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 03, 2017, 06:40:23 PM
Porcello can't stand to have an early lead. Doing his best to keep the game close.

Well I'd better hunker down and confess right now.  I left the room in the top of the third when that damn Porcello was tagged for three more runs and stayed away until the sixth when our buillpen ended a potential uprising and then we scored our final run.  I mean, what the hell is wrong with Porcello; why does always get the crap knocked out of him.  Can't our pitching coach spot whatever the hell he is doing badly and correct him.  My God, it is August and he still can't get himself squared around.  Now our hitting, that right now may be a different story because we were smoking again tonight.  Are we getting to where we need to be on the hitting front guys and gals?  We may be, and we now have Nunez and Devers as our "trade deadline" pickups and they are doing just fine.  And we picked up a game on the Yankees tonight, and good for us that we didn't have to face Cluber on Tuesday instead of the guys we faced.  We can use all the breaks we can get and  then make a few of our own.  All in all, a good evening, but still, I am pretty chapped at Porcello for another piss poor job.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 03, 2017, 09:19:27 PM
Nice 123 inning by Barnes in the 8th. Still 9-5 Red Sox after 8 innings. Looks like Workman will pitch the 9th.

Schloik---let's give some kudos to our bullpen tonight; they were superb and to Farrell (don't be shocked) for utilizing them well this time around.  It is possible, though I'm afraid to jinx them if I do, but maybe our pen is really ready for the big push this month.  Well, after all, we had a rotten July---why not counter that with a superb August.  Sounds good to be if we can pull it off.

BoSoxFanNY

Fred,
I heard during the telecast that the Sox have the third best bullpen
.era in the major leagues.
Interesting!

AND tonight our bullpen allowed NO runs.

Yes, Porcello is frustrating AND tonight, our bats gave him run support.

ipot

Now that the bats have woken up for a spell, we have a starting pitching problem. 

To Porcello's credit he hasn't been getting the better end of run support for a lot of his starts, but it's games like this that make me bite nails every time he starts this season.  The long balls and the WHIP are like treading a third rail every time with him this year.

What a start Raffy Devers is up to.  Nunez, too.  These 2 have really gotten the bats working.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee