GAME #108, CLEVELAND INDIANS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 01, 2017, 01:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Wow, Cleveland is reluctant to take this win.

markj

markj

What an ending. Unreal. Kimbrel owes Vaz a case of beers.

markj

Happy Anniversary, Fred. This game's for you.

Schloicka

This game had about everything. The winning run was on base because of a missed 3rd strike. And Kimbrel with the win. LOL

markj

New Math is 12 runs + Sale = Win. rofl thumb_u

longgame

Wow what a game!  Don't you just love baseball!  The pitching disappears, the bats come out of nowhere! 

Best game of the year. 

elktonnick

This game was one for the ages.  Oh Btw Sox in 1st

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on August 01, 2017, 09:55:26 PM
This game was one for the ages.  Oh Btw Sox in 1st
Isn't that bizarre? Their record has sucked lately, yet they end up in 1st. Better to be lucky than good, I guess.

elktonnick

Like I said it reminded me of a beer league softball game.  That game had everything.

ojdidit

I expected this with Foster. Aces get hammer. Miller fails. Both closers suck.

BoSoxFanNY

UNBELIEVABLE WIN!

Chris Sale pitched VERY unSale like.
And yet, the Red Sox bats, for once, had his back.
(Yet 7 runs allowed - UGH)
Craig Kimbrel allows 2 runs.

AND the Sox come back with 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Sox 12 - Indians 10.

WOW! 
And the Yankees lost, Sox back in first place.

CRAZY and AMAZING.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2017, 06:03:43 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and Linda, Fred.

What a day markj.  Thank you for that post; it means a lot to me.  What a game baseball is, huh?  I mean last night we had a "stiff" pitching for us and what happens?  He pitches a gem and we win.   Today we have our ace and arguably the best pitcher in the league and what happens?  He gets ripped through and through, but so does the Cleveland starter Carrasco and his 10-4 record.  Yes, I missed just about the whole game except for, GUESS WHAT?  The last batter which happened to be Christian Vaszuez.  Is that weird or not?  And I'm saying down by two well the day can't be perfect and what happens??? HE HITS A THREE RUN BOMB AND WE WIN 12-10.  What a day this was.  Man I cannot believe it.  You guys must have had a field day watching all those hits and runs, though I would think looking at the box score that there was a lot of nervous stomachs throughout.  Well it turned out to be a great day for Linda and me.  47th Anniversary and the Red Sox win dramatically, the Yankees lost and the Cubs are killing their opponents.  I'm not going to get too high but is it possible we are starting to hit like we're supposed to?  Nunez and Devers sure are adding strength to the lineup and right at this moment it looks like we made some good pickups like other teams did---Devers and Nunez.  Can we just keep this up.....PUHLEEEZE???

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 01, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Pedey`s knee injury is cartilage not his ligament.

Well in Pedey's case is that good or bad?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 01, 2017, 07:07:59 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 01, 2017, 07:03:35 PM
I can't find anything anywhere. Is AB benched, or is he just getting a mini-break like he did Bradley?

Playing the hot guy in Holt. As long as Holt is doing well play him.

Right Schloik---but with Bradley cold again it may be time for him to take a couple of days off, and what is the matter with Hanley?  When is he going to catch fire....or is he?