GAME #107 , CLEVELAND INDIANS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 31, 2017, 12:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 31, 2017, 08:14:02 PM
I love the spot on commentary tonight. Half an inning about tomorrow's pitcher and not a damned thing about what is different about Fister as compared to his previous starts with Boston. Maybe some more boxing references.

I am usually quite patient, but these two are driving me nuts tonight. No, not patient like being able to listen to ESPN Sunday light Baseball trio, but patient enough.

On fister, I see his curve ball finishing tonight and the spinners getting hit into mitts. Nice combo.

Gomes babbling is extremely irritating.

Rob from Mass

Helluva job by Farrell giving Sale the extra day and pitching this guy Fister.

Rob from Mass

Schloicka

Xman actually has swung a decent bat tonight. Hit it hard 3 times and finally got a hit out of it. Good to see.

elktonnick

I agree.  He has made solid contact.  He could have easily had second hit.  Last night I began to see improvement in Bogaerts swing.  Tonight I noticed that he kept both hands on the bat through his swing longer. I think the wrist soreness has eased up considerably.

Rob from Mass

Most of us are in agreement towards Bogaerts.The talent is there no question about that.

Schloicka

Fister pitched 7.2 good innings. Gave up a 2 out hr but I'll take that performance every time.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Schloicka on July 31, 2017, 08:37:35 PM
Fister pitched 7.2 good innings. Gave up a 2 out hr but I'll take that performance every time.

Exactly!! He looked so comfortable on the mound .For tonight he was very good .Sometimes a game like this could turn things around.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 31, 2017, 08:16:25 PM
Helluva job by Farrell giving Sale the extra day and pitching this guy Fister.

The espn talking heads said Fister has always had a good record against Cleve.  Did Farrell know about that?

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 31, 2017, 08:32:41 PM
I agree.  He has made solid contact.  He could have easily had second hit.  Last night I began to see improvement in Bogaerts swing.  Tonight I noticed that he kept both hands on the bat through his swing longer. I think the wrist soreness has eased up considerably.

Exactly and he's keeping the bat up, he was getting grooved into a lazy golf swing for a while.  Let's hope that continues.

Nice to see Betts with some timely hitting.

Devers puts this entire lineup to shame.  This looks easy for this kid.

elktonnick

I am sure he did.  Nevertheless Foster looked impressive. His curve ball was lethal.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on July 31, 2017, 08:37:35 PM

Simply amazing.  He was getting some good calls on the left side of the plate, but still, the main thing was keeping it down and getting the ground balls.  Even had a couple of swing and miss K's with that curve ball.

Someone mentioned it before, but yes, Gomes is just not cut out for this.  Timlin wasn't either.  There isn't anyone else they can get?  I'm guessing Eck is back maybe tomorrow after being in Cooperstown tomorrow, but they had expected Remy to be back by now.  Geez, the broadcaster injury situation is complicated!

ojdidit

A blind squirrel found a nut tonight at Fenway Park.

elktonnick

No one mentioned but Brock Holt looked to be back to his old self after battling vertigo.  Outstanding assist and on base 3 times.

Rob from Mass

I agree with Holt .Keep him in and Beni out to try to clear his head .