GAME #106, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 30, 2017, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muggah

No two ways around it---this club is in a tailspin.

It won't surprise me at all if this team doesn't even make the playoffs.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 30, 2017, 05:10:34 PM
Mookie and Bogey both look lost out there.  We get two guys on, the pitcher cant' find the plate, Bogey swings at the first pitch for a lazy fly ball.  He can't even act like he's interested at this point.  Betts may be pressing or something, but he has not been the same ballplayer for nearly a year now.  It's possible the "real" Mookie Betts is this guy. 

Two things I think are tough to take right now - first of all is every team is making moves.  Even the Royals pulled off a trade mid game to add pop to a lineup that has plenty of pop.  The Yankees are picking up pitchers everywhere as they had a bad bullpen.  Tampa Bay picked up Duda and some pitching.  Meanwhile we are running Fister out there tomorrow night which is almost like waving a white flag.  It feels like we're basically going to hope that if a couple of guys can hit 20 points higher - or get about a couple of hits month a more - will make a difference.

I'll say it again.  Bogaerts is stupid, lazy, blase and a full  time choke artist, now in the field as well as at the plate.  I think the  tropical island never escaped him and he has become a lazy, shiftless bum who ought to be trying to emulate his fellow countryman Aldreton Simmons of the Angels who has evolved into a fierce competitive leader for the Angels.

elktonnick

I am sorry Fred but that was over the line.  Bogaerts is none of those things.  He is a ballplayer with a heck of a lot of talent who has a sore wrist which has affected his swing.  I can see it when he swings.  This has affected the rest of his mechanics at the plate. 

I question the decision not to put him on the DL and the coaching  I see of lot of the old Rich Gedman Walt Hriniak swing in his mechanics.  Isn't Gedman now coaching in the Red Sox organization?

ipot

7-10 since the ASB
8-13 since that 6 game winning streak.

They look like s--t. Awful. DOA.

I said Hammel would have a great game against these chumps and he did. 

Here comes CLE to just annihilate us.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 30, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
I am sorry Fred but that was over the line.  Bogaerts is none of those things.  He is a ballplayer with a heck of a lot of talent who has a sore wrist which has affected his swing.  I can see it when he swings.  This has affected the rest of his mechanics at the plate. 

I question the decision not to put him on the DL and the coaching  I see of lot of the old Rich Gedman Walt Hriniak swing in his mechanics.  Isn't Gedman now coaching in the Red Sox organization?

Bogaerts may not be those things to you Elk and while I may have been a little over the top on him because of my intense dislike for the guy, he IS SOME of those things.  In close games since he came up he has proven to be close to inept batting with a game on the line.  With a big lead or deficit he'll get a hit or two, but almost never with a tie of one run game.  I have seen this repeatedly since the Hope Opening Series in 2014 when he left between 15-18 runners on base in three games where a key hit by that guy would have netted two wins in the first and second games.  I know---I WAS THERE.  If you watched the Yankee series at Fenway two weeks ago you saw him fail over and over with runners on base and then taking his inept hitting out to the field with him and making key errors that eventually did in the team.  He also was failing at the plate before he hurt his hand, though, to be honest, it got much worse for him at the dish after that accident.  He constantly loses focus on the bases and runs the team into outs and I question whether his mind is even in the game lately, and he was guilty of base running lapses and fielding problems before he got hurt.  Hell, he was almost useless the last two months of last season, doing very little while the Red Sox were driving to the AL East Title.  Right now he is a minus for us and, yes, I do agree with you that he should be put on the DL.  I also think that the Red Sox should now be sellers because we are NOT going anywhere this season and I think while he has some real value left Bogaerts would be the ideal trade chip to deal away because in my opinion we've seen the best we're ever going to see in him.   Thanks for the reply.

PS---Coming up 47 for Linda and I on Tuesday.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 30, 2017, 06:16:49 PM

B I N G O  dat !!!!   Baseball is not a game that you can play through a lot of injury's..... Being, anything like the wrist that effects hitting if sore or injured will effect your swing..... The  D L is where he should have gone 3 weeks ago !!

Rob from Mass