GAME #106, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 30, 2017, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

3-1 Sox after 7. Pomerantz did a good job. He went 6.2 innings. Workman in. Gives up a double but k's the next guy for the 3rd out. Need to get through the 8th to get to Kimbrel time. Barnes in to pitch the 8th.

markj

Yet another XB error. Devers must be thinking, "And they whine about my errors?"

Schloicka

Not a good start to the 8th. Error by Xman and an infield single put guys on 1st & 2nd no outs. Loaded up now with no outs after a single to rf.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on July 30, 2017, 03:00:40 PM
Not a good start to the 8th. Error by Xman and an infield single put guys on 1st & 2nd no outs. Loaded up now with no outs after a single to rf.
" Hang on for heavy rolls, as the SHIP is coming about"  !!!! thumb_u rofl

markj

Two plays Nunez didn't make that I think Pedey would have.

Schloicka

Tied up. Still nobody out. Runners on 2nd & 3rd.

ojdidit

A Fister like performance by Barnes.  Another one for the loss column.

markj

Can't blame Barnes for XB's screwup or the shot he took off the chest, but otherwise, yeah, not such a good outing.

This game is just about over.

ojdidit

Meamwhile in NY a real manager makes the quick swithes and does not wait for a disaster and the NYY get out of a bases loaded jam.

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN.
What is it with Kansas City and scoring
4 runs in an inning.
DAMN - Drew Pomeranz pitched well and
deserved a win.
I HATE this bullpen . . .

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ojdidit on July 30, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
Meamwhile in NY a real manager makes the quick swithes and does not wait for a disaster and the NYY get out of a bases loaded jam.

Definitely.  Joe Girardi will pull a pitcher
at any time.  EVEN a starting pitcher can
be pulled after 2 or 3 innings.

DANG IT.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on July 30, 2017, 01:45:07 PM
Listening to Gomes and O'Brien and Gomes makes you really appreciate what we lost when NESN fired Don Orsillo.
Why did they fire Orsillo? Well, whenever. bigger things loom, like getting an out.

Bill-806

With a heavy heart !!!  The SOX are killing me !!!

elktonnick

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 30, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

DANG IT.

Barnes wasn't the same after the shot off his chest.  JF screwed up .

ojdidit

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 30, 2017, 03:14:13 PM

DANG IT.

I think on this board the majority of posters have been critical of Farrell's tolerance level for pitchers. Seems it is always a batter too late too often. I have read posts during the game where posters on this board have made mention rhat someone just does not look right. Seems that the posters have a better feel for our pitchers than a former pitcher turned manager.