GAME #105, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 29, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

C'man put this away before Fister gets the call.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Catchers' night at Fenway.  Leon with a leadoff double.   Let's win this
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Another WP by KC. That's 5.  It's the only way  the Sox can get 5+ runs in a game.

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2017, 10:56:35 PM
What? Think this will survive review?

Yup.  Great job of dodgeball by Leon!
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Wow, it stood. Some idiot almost blinds Nunez. Good base running by Leon. Catchers' Night in Fenway indeed.

ipot

If this is what Nunez brings. And I don't mean the HRs (which I'll gladly take), but the grit and commitment then he's a great pick up.  Xander Chokearts can sit if Devers is hitting well at 3B.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Game winning rbi by Nunez. Leon with the athletic slide at the plate. Great job tonight by the Sox catchers throwing guys out. Game had a little of everything good & bad but we'll take it. Barnes with the win. Nunez with 2 hr's and 3 rbi.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 29, 2017, 11:04:54 PM
Game winning rbi by Nunez. Leon with the athletic slide at the plate. Great job tonight by the Sox catchers throwing guys out. Game had a little of everything good & bad but we'll take it. Barnes with the win. Nunez with 2 hr's and 3 rbi.

Both good things.  thumb_u

Schloicka

Quote from: ipot on July 29, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
If this is what Nunez brings. And I don't mean the HRs (which I'll gladly take), but the grit and commitment then he's a great pick up.  Xander Chokearts can sit if Devers is hitting well at 3B.

Nunez has been hitting great since beginning of June. Play him until he drops. He's going to make an error here and there but he looks like an actual hitter at the plate.

Nunez was going to play SS tonight if Pedroia could of gone so they are going to get him into the lineup as much as possible at various spots.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2017, 08:53:35 PM
This is brutal.  Between Bogaerts and his run-prevention baserunning - probably lost us at least 3 runs.  Then Workman is the long man so he puts in Abad and okay, Abad gives him a good inning.  Why on earth would you ever run Abad back out there?  Classic Sox this year - can't stand prosperity and the few times they hit the pitching falls apart.

This was one of Francona's biggest blunders when he managed the team his last three years here---trying to run guys out there for an extra inning after pitching one good one and testing his luck.  In 2009 as I remember, he had to go get the putrid Manny Delgarbage 14 times when he allowed him to start a second inning......14 damn times.  But he overcame that in Cleveland.  Farrell will never learn from his blunders because blunder is his calling card.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2017, 09:06:01 PM
4-run inning finally comes to an end. And XB almost blew it with that lame throw to 1st. His head is not in the game at all lately.

I've said it over and over.  Trade Pukegaerts while he still has some trade value because this guy is sinking fast.  He is stupid, mentally dull, a lousy base runner, poor fielder and choker at the plate when the chips are down.  You guys see it now, right?  Does this guy sound like a player that can lead our team to a title of any kind?  Question answered tonight.

But I like Nunez already.  He is a hard nosed player which I didn't think he was and if he can play shortstop we might just start putting some runs on the board provided XB and Moreland ride the pine, but one win means nothing right now.  We still look like a team that is fundamentally unsound and our base running is still horse dung.  Still I'll take a win anytime.  We haven't had too many of them lately.

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 29, 2017, 11:49:07 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2017, 08:53:35 PM
This is brutal.  Between Bogaerts and his run-prevention baserunning - probably lost us at least 3 runs.  Then Workman is the long man so he puts in Abad and okay, Abad gives him a good inning.  Why on earth would you ever run Abad back out there?  Classic Sox this year - can't stand prosperity and the few times they hit the pitching falls apart.

This was one of Francona's biggest blunders when he managed the team his last three years here---trying to run guys out there for an extra inning after pitching one good one and testing his luck.  In 2009 as I remember, he had to go get the putrid Manny Delgarbage 14 times when he allowed him to start a second inning......14 damn times.  But he overcame that in Cleveland.  Farrell will never learn from his blunders because blunder is his calling card.

Ok so why doesn't someone explain to me what Farrell's blunder was by having Abad come back out for a 2nd inning. Abad has been pitching well. Has gone more than 1 inning a few times. He gave up no runs his 1st inning. He faced only 3 hitters his 1st inning. So what is the reasoning for it being a blunder by Farrell to have Abad come back out? The 1st guy in the 6th got on by a 2 base error by our third baseman on a routine little league play. And Abad walked the 2nd guy which wasn't all that bad because it does set up a double play chance. Abad had very little to do with it being a 4 run inning. Should of been a 1 run, 2 at the most inning. Looks like the error, the passed ball, the wild pitch and the 2 hits given up AFTER Abad left the game were a lot worse than Abad starting the inning.

So again explain to me in detail why it was a blunder to have Abad start the inning. Should be interesting!

Bill-806

Needless to say, GOOD to get that win ......  Just a heads up, anyone notice that it looks like  E-ROD did not miss too many MEALS while on RE-HAB ??? iono slap