GAME #105, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 29, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Bogaerts makes his second bonehead play of the game.

markj

And just like that the bottom of the order ties it up.

elktonnick

Bogaerts base running has cost the Sox two runs.

MongoLikeSox

I want to know what Rubin told XB before he took off for second base. Assuming anything was said.

The kid is pressing, but man,

Damn, 2 in a game? Nunez? Sweet!

Anyhow, the kid is pressing, but somewhere, somehow, there has got to be someone in his ear and talking to him between innings or whatever it takes to learn some situational baseball. Much of what we see on defense is the same thing. Overdoing it. that, and trying to look flashy. I've wondered if they have any control over him.

elktonnick

Nunez puts the Sox ahead.  He is a house afire right now.  So Farrell will obviously rest him tomorrow.

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 29, 2017, 08:20:50 PM
I want to know what Rubin told XB before he took off for second base. Assuming anything was said.

The kid is pressing, but man,

Damn, 2 in a game? Nunez? Sweet!

Anyhow, the kid is pressing, but somewhere, somehow, there has got to be someone in his ear and talking to him between innings or whatever it takes to learn some situational baseball. Much of what we see on defense is the same thing. Overdoing it. that, and trying to look flashy. I've wondered if they have any control over him.

I think that is a systemic problem with this team as a whole, no situational awareness

markj

I was hoping Devers left his error prone-ness in Pawtucket.

6-4 is good, though. Hope they can hold this lead.

elktonnick

That type of throwing error is one that is easily corrected with game experience.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 29, 2017, 08:40:22 PM
I was hoping Devers left his error prone-ness in Pawtucket.

6-4 is good, though. Hope they can hold this lead.

He took way to much time to throw it. Need to get it and throw it. Treat it like you have a fast runner going down the line. 

markj

markj

Boyer has done nothing but crap on the mound since he came in.

longgame

This is brutal.  Between Bogaerts and his run-prevention baserunning - probably lost us at least 3 runs.  Then Workman is the long man so he puts in Abad and okay, Abad gives him a good inning.  Why on earth would you ever run Abad back out there?  Classic Sox this year - can't stand prosperity and the few times they hit the pitching falls apart.   

markj

One thing I hate about NESN is their insistence on playing the same stupid commercial during every break. I'm sick to death of looking at Wahlberg and his rodent.

markj

markj

4-run inning finally comes to an end. And XB almost blew it with that lame throw to 1st. His head is not in the game at all lately.