GAME #105, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 29, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ROYALS V RED SOX

SATURDAY, JULY 29, 2017, 7 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NEN, FS-KC

KANSAS, (54-47)...........................................................................................BOSTON, (56-48)

KANSAS:

TREVOR CAHILL, RHP, 4-3, 3.69 ERA, 72K

Cahill will make his first start for the Royals since being acquired from the Padres
on Monday.  In 11 starts with San Diego this season, Cahill had a 3.69 ERA.  He gave
up five earned runs in 3 2/3 innins in his last start.

BOSTON:

EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ, LHP, 4-3, 3.89 ERA, 79K

The lefty hasn't been able to get a groove in his two starts back from the DL.  The
last time out, Rodriguez gave up six hits and four runs over 5 1/3 innings in a loss to
the Mariners.  Rodriguez is 1-1 with a 4.08 ERA in three career starts vs Kansas City.

Cahill debuts for KC as Red Sox host Royals

Evan Chronis

Newly acquired starter Trevor Cahill will make his debut for the Royals Saturday night when they face the Red Sox in the second game of a three-game series at Fenway Park.

The right-hander, who was traded from the Padres on Monday in a deal that also brought pitchers Ryan Buchter and Brandon Maurer to Kansas City, will be looking to pilot the Royals to their 10th straight victory after they won the series opener on Friday.

Cahill went 4-3 in 11 starts for San Diego this season, posting a 3.69 ERA. In his final start for the Padres, the righty recorded a no-decision against the Giants after giving up six runs (five earned) in 3 2/3 innings.

Left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 3.89 ERA) will make his third start for the Red Sox since coming back from a stint on the disabled list with a right knee subluxation. He gave up six hits and four runs in 5 1/3 innings against the Mariners his last time out, taking the loss.

The southpaw was originally scheduled to start in Sunday's series finale, but he was moved up a day due to David Price missing Friday's start after being placed on the disabled list.

Rodriguez will be glad to be back pitching at Fenway Park, where he's 1-0 with a 2.38 ERA in four starts this season. The lefty has allowed three or fewer earned runs in each of his home starts in 2017.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME

• Cahill is familiar with the Red Sox newest addition, Eduardo Nunez, who was traded from the Giants on Wednesday. Both players started the year in the National League West, and Nunez is 4-for-13 against the righty.

• In the few times they've faced each other, Rodriguez has continually gotten the better of Lorenzo Cain. The Royals center fielder is 0-for-9 lifetime against the left-hander.

• Rodriguez is 1-1 with a 4.08 ERA in three career starts vs. the Royals.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20170728244992806/cahill-debuts-for-kc-as-red-sox-host-royals/?game_pk=491650

Bear

New lineup.

Betts RF,
Núñez 2B,
Benintendi LF,
Ramirez DH,
Bradley CF,
Bogaerts SS,
Moreland 1B,
Vázquez C,
Devers 3B,

Rodriguez

ipot

KC 5  Sox 2 = final score.  I hope my tea leaves are wrong.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on July 29, 2017, 11:52:32 AM
KC 5  Sox 2 = final score.  I hope my tea leaves are wrong.

We actually get two runs after exhausting ourselves last night getting a duo??  Don't count on it.

elktonnick

Why are two guys who should be on the DL starting?

Rob from Mass

Yanks won in the 9th so without our Sox winning tonight the deficit will be  3.

longgame

And why is the best hitter on the team, Pedroia, not playing.  Not a time to get a rest, they had a day off Thursday.  Even if it was his "time" to get a rest, you have to bring all of your horses the day after you get knocked out of first place. 

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

Elk and Ted, the answer to your question can be answered in two words.......MORON FARRELL.  Is there now any rhyme or reason why  that guy should be canned by the end of the weekend?  He is the most miserable excuse for a manager around.  Resting our best hitter, starting again two of the worst slumpers in the game......and he expects to win.  My only difference with you two is that you think DD is determined to keep Farrell while I still believe that he has been placed off limits by Henry.  Either way we're stuck with this bum.  Think of Dave Roberts, a second year manager and Torey Lovullo, a first year one.  Can Farrell even on his best day carry these two men's jock straps.  Now you know why we're headed into the infernal reaches of defeat, decay and destruction.

elktonnick

Bogaerts with the bonehead play of the month.

ojdidit

Walk....K....Walk.....K.....Walk.....K....Find a rythm. I thought XB was just soooo exciting!

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2017, 04:30:51 PM
And why is the best hitter on the team, Pedroia, not playing.  Not a time to get a rest, they had a day off Thursday.  Even if it was his "time" to get a rest, you have to bring all of your horses the day after you get knocked out of first place.

Not playing because his knee is acting up today.

ojdidit

E-Rod just didn't have it.  Control terrible from the first batter on.

Schloicka

Quote from: ojdidit on July 29, 2017, 07:48:40 PM
E-Rod just didn't have it.  Control terrible from the first batter on.

Didn't have it and really bad luck the guy gets a hr on a routine out anywhere else in baseball.

Sea Dog 23