GAME #99, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA ANGELS

Started by Bear, July 22, 2017, 01:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 23, 2017, 07:00:03 AM
They aren't t going to deal Bogie but they could move him to 3rd if they were to pick up Cozarts.
  Interesting ??  Who is this Cozarts guy ???  ( I am such a homer)   Bogey looks like he is hurt ???

elktonnick

Sea Dog 23

Playing a team like the Angels is bitter sweet.  They do not have our pitching, but their lineup is loaded with big hitters like Pujhols, Trout, Simmons, Calhoun.  As noted Sox have to experience hernias to get five runs.

Bear

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on July 23, 2017, 08:18:43 AM
Bogaerts is nursing bruised wrist.
  Must be more than that as he has had it for about 3 weeks now.....  D L or get him out of there till he is 100% + again !!  Those errors yesterday were killers !!

ojdidit

Let Marrero take over for a few games.

Muggah

Quote from: elktonnick on July 23, 2017, 06:10:26 AM
Quote from: Muggah on July 23, 2017, 05:28:43 AM
I'm guessing DD is quietly looking at SS options too as the deadline approaches.
Cozarts?

Cozarts is one possibility. Eduardo Nunez from SF is another we're hearing rumblings about.

One thing we do know is that DD is a "win now" guy. I for one am not going to be surprised if he moves X.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

ipot

This has gone beyond a SS/3B problem.  We NEED sluggers.  Period.  The lack of HRs is costing them games - a MAJOR reason why a team will wildly fluctuate in runs and have droughts of scoreless innings (17?).  We are at the bottom of the league. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on July 23, 2017, 12:24:07 PM
This has gone beyond a SS/3B problem.  We NEED sluggers.  Period.  The lack of HRs is costing them games - a MAJOR reason why a team will wildly fluctuate in runs and have droughts of scoreless innings (17?).  We are at the bottom of the league.
  Another   B I N G O  dat !! rofl

Bear

At this rate, I look forward to F O O T B A L L  rofl

MongoLikeSox

The domino effect of a 3-4 hitter would be massive. Bitch all we want, but the sox really gotta screw a game up to lose 6-3. I mean wheels falling off kind of bad. We are missing a massively important element and we are still 10-14 games above 500. just think about how good this team could be. That's why the right player at the right position matters.

If we can do this without losing weapons on defense and somehow keep pitching in check... Big ifs, though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 23, 2017, 07:00:03 AM
They aren't t going to deal Bogie but they could move him to 3rd if they were to pick up Cozarts.

Sorry Elk but if this team is to make any kind of move Bogaerts must be either taken out of the lineup or traded before his trade value disappears like a fart in the wind.  He is coming apart at the seams, and we must all know now that he is soft, not tough and is becoming a gutless minus in our lineup and on the field.  I just cannot stand this guy any longer.