GAME #99, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA ANGELS

Started by Bear, July 22, 2017, 01:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Fred's right, Xander needs to ride the bench for a while. His mind is just not in the game. That should have been a double play and instead it resulted in a run scored and no outs.

ipot

Not going our way, this one.  3-6.  Price has gotten off his rhythm, too.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

JBJ K's looking at a decent pitch. This ump is calling strikes on balls off the plate, so you can't afford to stand there when one actually crosses the plate.

markj

Hembree adds to the mess. 7-3. Sox ain't coming back in this one.

ipot

So much for the 2 game winning streak.... :P
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

TB lost and the Yankees are tied in the 7th, so the Sox might slip out of this without losing ground.

markj

markj

Hanley pulls a GIDP. Nothing is going right in this game.

markj

Crappy game. Price was lousy, offense gave up after the first few innings, and the BP gave up two, not that it mattered.

Xander needs to get his head out of his ass, though. Two poor plays on the field cost them tonight.

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 22, 2017, 11:25:35 PM
Crappy game. Price was lousy, offense gave up after the first few innings, and the BP gave up two, not that it mattered.

Xander needs to get his head out of his ass, though. Two poor plays on the field cost them tonight.

That sums it up, mark...
I hope this is not the re-emergence of the early 2016 David Price. Bogaerts is indeed in his head. Needs to sit.  And our offense again valiantly fights to get 6 hits and gets exhausted by the 2nd inning.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Just another one of our "specialties"...can't win two consecutive games.....evah!
And don't expect much better on Sunday's game. slap,  iono,  sigh

Muggah

I'm guessing DD is quietly looking at SS options too as the deadline approaches.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

elktonnick

Quote from: Muggah on July 23, 2017, 05:28:43 AM
I'm guessing DD is quietly looking at SS options too as the deadline approaches.
Cozarts?

Bill-806

Quote from: Muggah on July 23, 2017, 05:28:43 AM
  A messy game for sure... Bogey looked like a tired old vet.... If the right deal shows, I would trade him in a heart beat !!   This win one, loose one is so week, thank goodness the Yank$ & Rays lost too !! iono slap rofl

elktonnick

They aren't t going to deal Bogie but they could move him to 3rd if they were to pick up Cozarts.