GAME #97, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 20, 2017, 03:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Calm down ALL .... AS much as I wanted this game, it is just nice getting away & still in 1st place.... Lets see what happens, more CHANGES coming, almost daily !!! thumb_u rofl

ipot

Holt screwed up.
Foster walked 4 guys in one inning. 
And Pedey was a squirrel with a nut on that 3 run shot that made it close.

Again, 2-3 bats actually hitting in any given day.  6-7 since the win streak in earlier this month.  ::) 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

Holt looked like the Panda on the pop up he screwed up.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 21, 2017, 07:58:10 AM
Holt looked like the Panda on the pop up he screwed up.
  That was pure FENWAY PAAAK in an afternoon game this time of the year.... Yes, it hurt and helped lead to the loss.....  Stay at it BROCK, you will win more for us than you loose !!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

4-4 homestand is not good.  They should have at least picked up a game on either of these opponents.  If the Yankees play the Sox to a tie and then go out and improve their bullpen, are they now the better team?  While this game is the first stinker by a starter in a while, I would also hope that it's the last we've seen of Fister.  But even though they came up with 6 runs, they need to find consistent offense.

Sea Dog 23

I'm not sure the Yanks should be the standard to evaluate us.  At the end of the year will be the Stro's and probably Cleveland.  Those two will have great pitching and noisy bats in a short playoff series.  But it also has merits that if we don't survive NY and TB, we'll be a tough spot.

ipot

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 21, 2017, 10:51:58 AM
I'm not sure the Yanks should be the standard to evaluate us.  At the end of the year will be the Stro's and probably Cleveland.  Those two will have great pitching and noisy bats in a short playoff series.  But it also has merits that if we don't survive NY and TB, we'll be a tough spot.

Yup.  The danger is dropping into a WC slot and then we're just a 50/50 shot to get to a series.  In a WC game Sale isn't the problem, imho.  It'll be the bats going cold.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 21, 2017, 10:51:58 AM

Gotta beat them to win the division.  One step at a time.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 21, 2017, 10:19:16 AM
4-4 homestand is not good.  They should have at least picked up a game on either of these opponents.  If the Yankees play the Sox to a tie and then go out and improve their bullpen, are they now the better team?  While this game is the first stinker by a starter in a while, I would also hope that it's the last we've seen of Fister.  But even though they came up with 6 runs, they need to find consistent offense.

Maybe they should have been shut out yesterday so they could save those runs for tonight when they have Chris Sale pitching for them.  Our disgusting and gutless hitters have starved Chris for runs all damn season and it is high time this stops.  Since we have almost zero chance of getting to the World Series with so many of our hitters fouling up the place, it would be nice if we could get Sale the Cy Young Award if chokers like Bogaerts, Moreland, Leon-Vazquez, not to mention now Jackie and Andy, start earning their keep maybe they can help Chris win enough games to give us a season ending winning record at least, as well as get him the Cy Young.  The hitters owe Chris Sale at least that much.  It is almost criminal how crappy they've been when he pitches.