GAME #93, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 16, 2017, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

This has to be the best game Price EVER pitched against the yankees.
We got a split....maybe we got even more tonite. We may have put
confidence back into these players....I'm hoping.
As for Bradley, I knew he was good, after tonite, he's great.
Time for Dombrowski to make a few changes....we need a big bat.....
thumb_u
Nice to see you BoSoxFan from New York.  We missed you.

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2017, 10:11:26 PM
Whew, game over. Yankees shut out for the first time this season. Unlike the Sox. At least they split the series. Price was on and they got just enough offense finally.

Yep.  Heads would be spinning like NUTS if we didn't at least get the split.  Price has been back to form in his last 6 starts or so.  That's a very good thing.

Kimbrel has been flirting with disaster in 3 of his last 4 appearances.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

2-2 Split is not what I wanted, but under the circumstances we should be thrilled that we got that !!   So,  Lin & Austin Maddox are returned to the minors ??  Lin was hitting  298 in 57 at bats with a good glove & strong smarts for the game.  Maddox pitched  1 & 2/3 inning yesterday and did well..... In the meantime Fernando Lbad and a few others remain..... iono slap

elktonnick

I think Lin has a future but he needs to play everyday and he wouldn't now that Brock Holt is back.  I am sure Lin will be a regular commuter on the Boston Pawucket shuttle until he eventually wins a spot on the 25 man roster one day if he continues to play as well as he did.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 17, 2017, 06:47:53 AM
I think Lin has a future but he needs to play everyday and he wouldn't now that Brock Holt is back.  I am sure Lin will be a regular commuter on the Boston Pawucket shuttle until he eventually wins a spot on the 25 man roster one day if he continues to play as well as he did.
B I N G O  dat !!!  We do have 2 or 3 in the bullpen that are just taking up space... Lets see what  D D does before the deadline as the Bullpen continues to handel a lot of work... Our starters are giving us a good 6 to 7 innings a night !!!

ojdidit

Quote from: elktonnick on July 17, 2017, 06:47:53 AM

...and that left-handed thing.

Rob from Mass

Nice win and it's great to see Price continue his GREAT cone back.3-1 would be nice but I will take 2-2 anytime knowing it could have been 1-3.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 17, 2017, 07:14:22 AM
Nice win and it's great to see Price continue his GREAT cone back.3-1 would be nice but I will take 2-2 anytime knowing it could have been 1-3.

I think at home in a race like this, you have to win 3 but a split certainly is not a disaster and at least the freaking Rays lost.  The bigger issue is that our starters let up 5 runs in 4 games and we managed only a split.  That's not a good recipe.  The need for Frazier grows.  They need someone who can hit the big fly.

The real story was Price.  That was as good as I've seen him with the Sox.  He had location and speed and I loved that he didn't throw a breaking ball the first time through the lineup, saving something for them the next time around.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on July 17, 2017, 08:07:09 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 17, 2017, 07:14:22 AM

I think at home in a race like this, you have to win 3 but a split certainly is not a disaster and at least the freaking Rays lost.  The bigger issue is that our starters let up 5 runs in 4 games and we managed only a split.  That's not a good recipe.  The need for Frazier grows.  They need someone who can hit the big fly.

The real story was Price.  That was as good as I've seen him with the Sox.  He had location and speed and I loved that he didn't throw a breaking ball the first time through the lineup, saving something for them the next time around.
  So, need to make hay with the Jays as the Rays are our enemies and they could catch us over night !!  Sort of like our 1980's foreign policy !!!! thumb_u rofl

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Bear on July 16, 2017, 11:04:10 PM
This has to be the best game Price EVER pitched against the yankees.
We got a split....maybe we got even more tonite. We may have put
confidence back into these players....I'm hoping.
As for Bradley, I knew he was good, after tonite, he's great.
Time for Dombrowski to make a few changes....we need a big bat.....
thumb_u
Nice to see you BoSoxFan from New York.  We missed you.

Thank you Bear!

SeaBeachFred

Well I guess Farrell has a play on his conscience and has installed Pukegaerts back in the lineup---BUT THIRD IN THE ORDER????????   He is no third hitter---he needs to be put down seventh or eighth where he can't hurt the team with his constant choking up when there are men on base.  Doesn't Farrell have enough brains to see that he is a waste batting third.  He is nO middle of the order hitter and never will be.