GAME #93, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 16, 2017, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Man, this team is in love with grounding into double plays.  sigh iono

markj

Wow, 2-54 with RISP. Now that is something to hang your hat on. ::)

markj

Well now 3-55, so that's a step in the right direction.

Schloicka

Hanley and JBJ let him off the hook. Could of been a big inning.

Schloicka

Does Price come out for the 8th inning? Has 96 pitches. Didn't look sharp in the 7th. Barnes was warming up. Big guns coming up for the Yanks in the 8th. I stay with Price and hope he can suck it up for 1 more inning.

markj

Amazing catch by JBJ. Preserves the shutout.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2017, 09:37:03 PM
Amazing catch by JBJ. Preserves the shutout.

Was a great catch. Kimbrel time coming up with a cushion this time.

markj

Augh!! Kimbrel the Drama Queen. Tying run at the plate now.

markj

Whew, game over. Yankees shut out for the first time this season. Unlike the Sox. At least they split the series. Price was on and they got just enough offense finally.

Schloicka

I'm happy with a split. That's all I was counting on before the series. It wasn't pretty but I'll take it. On to Monday. Lets go E-Rod.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Schloicka on July 16, 2017, 10:12:55 PM
I'm happy with a split. That's all I was counting on before the series. It wasn't pretty but I'll take it.

AGREED!
Thank goodness.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 16, 2017, 07:48:24 PM
Looks like the good Tanaka is pitching tonight - CRAP!

Sox score 3 runs!
Phew!
Mookie Betts 2 run home run.

GLAD to eat crow.
Tanaka actually pitched well tonight
and thankfully Price pitched better.

This may have been Price's best game of the season.

Rob from Mass

I'm happy with a split. That's all I was counting on before the series. It wasn't pretty but I'll take it. On to Monday.

Best game pitched by by Price as a Sox.Looked like vintage Price tonight.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 16, 2017, 10:45:55 PM
I'm happy with a split. That's all I was counting on before the series. It wasn't pretty but I'll take it. On to Monday.

Best game pitched by by Price as a Sox.Looked like vintage Price tonight.

Absolutely!
AND the Sox needed this win.

SeaBeachFred

Save for Jackie's fantastic catch to rob Judge of a booming homer I was half comatose and totally spent tonight.  I hardly could force myself to cheer loudly or show any emotion.  Saturday and Sunday's first game took all of my energy away, but Price looked like the Price we remember----and we can sure use him in that  role.  Betts had a big game with three hits and a two run job, but can he sustain it and not devolve into another drought.  If so he might spark the team.  The only hope I felt tonight for an upset was that Choker was sealed on the bench---and that's where he needs to be for awhile.  He has become a minus, not only not hitting but taking his lousy hitting into the field with him.  He cost us two runs in the first game and was so putrid on Saturday that he might have been one of the two or three culprits that cost us the game Saturday.  Keep his ass on the bench.