GAME #92, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 16, 2017, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

This team can't buy a run. The downward spiral from before the ASB continues.

markj

Great to see Holt back in a game. Crowd loves it. One bright spot anyway.

BoSoxFanNY

The Yankees have played their best baseball against our Sox
this year.
Our Sox have not scored a run against the Yankees in
over 20 innings.  WTF????

I HATE losing to the Yankees.

AND, last night - a killer.

(I went into this series hoping that our Sox would AT LEAST
split this series.  NOW, I am praying that they do.)

elktonnick

markj

If the score stands, it'll be the 3rd time this season the Yankees have shut out the Sox.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2017, 03:04:49 PM
If the score stands, it'll be the 3rd time this season the Yankees have shut out the Sox.
  This is not good !!!  BTW, what has Sandy Leon done of date ??? iono

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2017, 02:22:27 PM
This team can't buy a run. The downward spiral from before the ASB continues.
As  ROB FROM MASS would say, "No worry here, there are 70 games left" !!! rofl

markj

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2017, 03:04:49 PM

Crap that made this damn loss feel even worse.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 16, 2017, 07:10:53 AM
1:00 ????  Hope the RED SOX are awake by then !!   We NEED TWO wins today as last nights game was a NATIONAL CRIME !!!  GO  RED SOX !!! thumb_u

Bill---for your own good let me try and get through to you.  This team of our is collapsing right before our eyes.  They have no energy, no drive, no commitment, and, what's more, they have a bunch of gutless bums on the roster led by Pukegerts, who, if you noticed, made another error today like the one he made yesterday.  This is just one of our p roblems---we have many.  When X, as in excretment , doesn't hit he takes his hitting out to the field with him.  This guy should be benched with the hope someone can play SS adequately enough to keep him there.  I've grown to really despise this guy.  He is a choker beyond all measure and I've known that since the Opening Home Series in 2014 when he left between 15-18 runners on base in that three game debacle with Milwaukee which set us on a pattern of deterioration that continues to this day

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 16, 2017, 12:30:27 PM
Young rolled over on the ball hitting a weak grounder.  Why can't these guys hit situationally.  Young should have been trying to lift the ball. It is mind numbing watching these guys at the plate.

Elk--Young shouldn't even be in the lineup at all.  He hasn't hit lefties in almost two months and he is shitty in the clutch as well.  There is a reason he has been handed around to teams like a hat being passed in a softball game.  Pinch hitting and pinch hitting only should be his calling---and then not that often.  He better not be back next season because he sucks.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 16, 2017, 01:22:22 PM
2 unearned runs because of the Xman error. 2-0 Yanks.

Schloik, true, I am prejudiced against Bogaerts because I think he is the supreme choke artist, but I know something else about him too.  He takes his hitting woes out to the field with him. He made another error today and made one yesterday.  He is soft, lacks toughness and in fact IMHO he is gutless.  He certainly is no middle order hitter and the team would be wise to sit his ass down tonight and for the next few games and see if that wakens this puke artist up.  I doubt that it will.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 16, 2017, 01:40:46 PM
I don't know if we need a 3rd baseman or not (with so many other players doing nothing) but if DD is going to get one do it now. Don't wait until the end of July and let another 14 games go by. Either make a trade or bring Devers up. I'm tired of hearing about it. Plus I'd let Shaw play 1st base more often since Moreland is only hitting .216 since June 1st. Need to shake things up.

You mean Sam Travis.....but I agree.  No, we're not going to get Shaw back.  We have a better  chance of getting Sandoval back before him.

Rob from Mass

I understand the frustration but is anyone SERIOUSLY writing this season off during this bad spell.
I am far from that.
Just wondering!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 16, 2017, 01:50:30 PM
Once again the X man fails to drive in a run from third.  Waugh!

Why even call him X.  Why not Choker as I do---because that's what he is, a total choker.  The Red Sox had better realize this guy is not who they thought they were getting.  He has stopped hitting, has lost all his power, is making errors more and more in the field and to me he is a gutless bum who needs to be sat down and kept there.  Yes, I despise this guy more and more every day.  I don't even like looking moon faced piece of shit.