GAME #90, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 12, 2017, 07:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ojdidit on July 15, 2017, 07:21:26 AM
Anytime you beat the Yankees it is a "great" game, but the reality is this was a sloppy contest by both teams. Too many lost chances for Boston and too many gifts given by NY. I was also surrounded by Yankee fans, but since 2004 they have been neutered. Both Hanley and Sanchez hit great bombs. Montgomery and Pomeranz are patient zero for a pitch clock. A batter steps out - call a strike unless he has a broken hand. As soon as an ump walks to the mound - automatic ball. 35 minutes for the first inning and almost one hour to get through two.  Final was almost 3 and 1/2 hours. Ugly win.

As I mentioned to someone last night on this board, I didn't tune in until the seventh inning so I relieved myself of the long previous six innings snoozer.  However, an ugly win is a helluva lot better than an ugly loss and at least the team will wake up today feeling better about themselves than if they had lost amidst wasting one potential rally after another.  Now the aim should be to use the win as an elixir to play a better game today and to finally put their talents to the best use possible.

longgame

What a fun game, especially at the end.  I kept feeling that combination of worry and hope.  Getting the win off of Chapman and having the Yankees basically choke was awesome.  Special mention has to go to Farrell for the double steal call, but the platooning of 1B and LF isn't going to work when you have superior players you end up sitting.  Beni and Moreland should start, barring an occassional rest day or in Beni's case, a day when maybe Young has great numbers against a guy.  I like Travis, but Moreland is simply a better player right now. 

Now let's go get them tonight!

Rob from Mass

Fred there is not such thing as a UGLY WIN WHEN WE BEAT THE YANKS.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 15, 2017, 11:33:37 AM
Fred there is not such thing as a UGLY WIN WHEN WE BEAT THE YANKS.
  As  DAD would say, "SON, all WINS MATTER"  !!! thumb_u rofl