GAME #90, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 12, 2017, 07:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Two pathetic swings by HR  on two fast balls and the he hits a weak come backer.  HR looked awful.

Schloicka

Our 3-5 hitters picking up where they left off before the break. Hanley had 2 great pitches to hit and missed them big time.

markj

I see Jacoby isn't done for the season as I'd heard. Glad he's ok.

markj

Well that was an impressive AB by Travis. Not.

markj

markj

markj

Schloicka

elktonnick

I said to my wife that HR had to make up for that awful first AB he did.!!

Schloicka

Betts costing himself a lot of RBI lately. Popping the ball up a lot. Xman his usual crap with guys on base. Should have 6-7 runs by now. If they lose this it will have happened in the first 4 innings.

elktonnick

These guys are having the Yankees practically giving them the game and they can't take advantage.  X man looks crappy recently.  His Batting Average is dropping like a rock.  He is looking really bad in clutch situations.

MongoLikeSox

It's very simple. There is absolutely zero chance that we compete with a middle of the line-up that includes Chris Young every 2-3-4 days. It cannot happen. There is NO CHANCE. He might pop a few more homer runs by the end of the year, but that is a #7 man at best. AT BEST. He is a good bench player. No chance. None. Zippo. He is supporting cast.

The ONLY chance we have at winning the AL flag is if we decide on and then put our best chance of a good middle lineup into place and leave then the bleep alone. That's the only way this has a chance. It's simple. Option-A = little chance. Option-B = no chance. Whoever it is supposed to be, leave them in there and help them work through it the best they can.

Folks, we talking about a line up that is now platooning 2 of the 4 middle line up spots. NOBODY wins doing this. Ever.

It is NOT even remotely correct to match young out there in the 5-hole. That part-time insistence of R-L-R is over-managing at this point. Other options might be bad options, but Chris Young is never, ever going to be part of that answer. Not the 5-hole. Desperate times might dictate the 6 hole. But not 5th. 

And don't get me started about our 2nd best RBI man pulling splinters out of his ass tonight.

longgame

So discouraging to watch them follow the tried and true formula of leaving men on base while the Yankees drive their own men in.  The Sox can't get to a guy who only lasts 4 innings.  Let's see if they can do something in the last couple of innings.

Rob from Mass

Hard liner off the wall by HR.Homer in any other MLB park.

markj

More LOBsters. Looking like Legal Seafood.