GAME #89, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, July 09, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 10, 2017, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 10, 2017, 10:53:52 AM
If the Sox are determined to get a 3rd baseman I'd look at Jed Lowrie. He's hitting .279 with 9 Hr's and 32 RBI. He's a switch hitter who can play 3rd, SS & 2nd. Would owe him the remainder of his 6.5 million salary and he has a team option for next year at the same cost or you buy him out for 1 million. Basically a rental unless you want to keep him. Obviously he's a much better LH hitter looking at his stats. I'd rather have him because of his versatility and the fact he has a much higher average than the guy from the White Sox and he still has some pop in his bat.

I forgot about old friend Jed.You are right he could be a good fit and yeah I agree better for the Sox than Frazier.
I like to read suggestions rather than saying we need this or that. Good info.

Yes. I was about to endorse Rob's idea of Frazier, but I keep forgetting about Lowrie.  Jed is indeed versatile, experienced, and brings a decent amount of all the hitting tools. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

I actually think the Schloik has come up with a very good suggestion.  As I remember Jed, when he could stay on the field, he was very versatile and, get this, HE WAS A GOOD CLUTCH HITTER (are you listening Pukegaerts?)  I really think Dombrowski could get him for a half decent prospect.  I'm all for this because he could give Pedey a breather now and then and when necessary keep Bogaerts from leaving more runners on base.  DD, you heard the chorus....go get Lowrie and no more damn excuses for trying to hold on to Sandoval, which, come to think of it, would mean that Jed's coming to Boston might actually finally get Sandoval out of Boston.

Bill-806

Even though the Yanks won the  H R DERBY last night, it was nice to see that our SOX did not loose any ground in the standings !!! thumb_u rofl