GAME #89, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, July 09, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

These guys OWE our pitchers, BIG TIME !!!   Score some runs please !! iono slap rofl

Schloicka

Good job by Price. Now need the offense to show up.

markj

Finally!!! Pedey comes through with a 2-run dinger.

Schloicka

Offense showed up finally. Now need more.

markj

ojdidit

Barnes....four potches and a walk.  I would have Barnes on the shortest of all leashes. Two batters and out. When he is "off" it goes quick. He gets it together he is almost untouchable. See what happens.

Schloicka

Hard hit to Lin who knocked it down. Not sure if he would of had a play at 1st. Bad part was the guy at 2nd moved up to 3rd. I thought it was going down the line when hit. DP would be nice.

markj

Ugh. Can't hold a lead, can't bring in runners. Any wonder why they're about to lose their 4th game out of the last 5?

markj

Schloicka

An 1-2 cookie curve ball in middle of the plate. Inning started with a walk and ended with a 2 run hr. No one wants to step up and be counted it seems.

Leesam01

Barnes has been a model of inconsistency, very disappointing really, when he has the potential to be 8th inning set-up guy. Kelly has usually been really good out of the pen.

And whatever the Sox do, they need to either release Panda, or extend his injury rehab time down in Pawtucket. Maybe his other ear will start bothering him.

MongoLikeSox

Ugh! 

Miller guessed right on Kelly. Big high heater way out of zone and he guessed Kelly was decoying him. Could not have timed that curveball any better than he did. Score one for the bad guys.

Think they got their message sent? They took us 3 of 4 and climbed right back in.

Rob from Mass

ojdidit

LMAO! TB = 70M payroll and NY and BOS=200M.  If TB had some real fans I would feel a bit tender for them.

MongoLikeSox

So, I've been biting my lip on this one. I know which way I lean. I say let it drop.

Late inning and we're ahead. We have a weak line-up right now. We have a shut down ace and a guy on the mound who can  get through 5 outs. He did not, but that was after the fact. If there's one out and a foul ball is hit anywhere past short LF, I''m saying let it drop to avoid a sac fly. I say preserving a lead in late innings is prioroty over big inning protection in that scenario.

Whatchyu folks thing?  I love baseball. The strategy options are fun.