GAME #84, BOSTON RED SOX AT TEXAS RANGERS

Started by Bear, July 04, 2017, 02:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 04, 2017, 10:42:55 PM
I'll trade 3 outs for 3 runs at this point in the game. They can do it again in the 9th if they want.

Agreed. Just win the game. All I care about.

markj

BP gives up another dinger. Good thing the Sox have a big cushion.

markj

Done. Sox on a roll, just as Hanley predicted. 6 in a row. I like it.

Schloicka

Good job all around. Price did his job. Pen did it's job. Came in with the lead and left with the lead. Nice 7 run win. No real dramatics tonight. ON TO WEDNESDAY!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 04, 2017, 09:02:19 PM
Maybe Beni can't handle the pressure up in the order keep at 6 or 7 .

I don't know about that.  If we put him in one spot and keep him there he could get into a comfort zone as he was in tonight with his 5 for 5 breakout.  The guy I'm now worried about is Bogaerts.  He has looked absolutely shitty to the core at the plate of late and I wonder what the hell is wrong with him......well, maybe nothing that a few hits wouldn't cure.  Price did look like Price tonight and did a great job and this is the type of game we need once in awhile.  That little Korean fire cracker is impressing me more and more every game I see him.  Where the hell did he come from?  I have heard nothing about the guy until they brought him up.  He may be a keeper.  Things are now looking up and though there will no doubt be ups and downs the team has shown that it can play good baseball and win.  Four up in the standings sounds good to me, so let's keep it up and do the hat trick tomorrow and sweep another series.  A very good night guys and gals.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 04, 2017, 10:55:11 PM
BP gives up another dinger. Good thing the Sox have a big cushion.

No threat to our big lead but this game seemed to go on forever---almost four hours.  If it wasn't for our hitting and solid pitching tonight I might have changed the channel.  Good win.

ipot

Long game but Bentinendi had some career night.  Whatever smelling salts this team brought with them on the trip to Toronto have been working wonders. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

I must be dreaming....don't wake me up.
We've had the players, they just weren't  gelling. ;D

Rob from Mass

Keep Beni where he is .Keep the pressure  off him.These clown writers put SUPERSTAR on the kid and IMO he tried to do to much.Let the kid grow up into a star if he indeed is star material.All of a sudden he was the second coming of Mike Trout.

Bill-806

As  DAD would say, "SON, that's OUR TEAM"  !!! thumb_u rofl

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 04, 2017, 11:29:02 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 04, 2017, 09:02:19 PM
Maybe Beni can't handle the pressure up in the order keep at 6 or 7 .

I don't know about that.  If we put him in one spot and keep him there he could get into a comfort zone as he was in tonight with his 5 for 5 breakout.  The guy I'm now worried about is Bogaerts.  He has looked absolutely shitty to the core at the plate of late and I wonder what the hell is wrong with him......well, maybe nothing that a few hits wouldn't cure.  Price did look like Price tonight and did a great job and this is the type of game we need once in awhile.  That little Korean fire cracker is impressing me more and more every game I see him.  Where the hell did he come from?  I have heard nothing about the guy until they brought him up.  He may be a keeper.  Things are now looking up and though there will no doubt be ups and downs the team has shown that it can play good baseball and win.  Four up in the standings sounds good to me, so let's keep it up and do the hat trick tomorrow and sweep another series.  A very good night guys and gals.

You're 100% right, pal---the 4 game lead right now looks beautiful. But the key thing here is that we want to continue to play well right up to the AS game break. It's critical that we stay focused and not go into the break on a sour note.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

longgame

The big news last night was Price pitching 6+ with no runs.  Let's hope it's just a fingernail or blister that took him out. 

Betts, then Pedey then Beni having great games in successive nights.  Wow.  Plus, whenever the bottom of the lineup isn't a black hole they tend to win. 

Let's hope they can keep this up and set back Tampa Bay a bit after taking care of one more in Texas.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on July 05, 2017, 08:23:30 AM
The big news last night was Price pitching 6+ with no runs.  Let's hope it's just a fingernail or blister that took him out. 

Betts, then Pedey then Beni having great games in successive nights.  Wow.  Plus, whenever the bottom of the lineup isn't a black hole they tend to win. 

Let's hope they can keep this up and set back Tampa Bay a bit after taking care of one more in Texas.

I hate that dreaded blister or fingernail injury .No exact word yet if it's serious or just a precaution.
AsI said that this just came out on Boston sports radio..

There's nothing wrong with his finger. Just trying to get a little bit more out of him but wasn't going to let him labor. After the way the first at-bat unfolded, just got him out of the game." Comment from Farrell.

MongoLikeSox

I was particularly impressed with AB's first two hits. Both were mid-swing adjustments. I'd pull a muscle for sure.  rofl   

I never saw AB's entire flight to the ball he missed in foul territory. Schloicka said he slowed down before getting to foul territory. I don't know if it was too soon or not. Anyone know? Look at that second catch near the line that Betts made later in the game. He ran into position very well, which gave him loads of time (2 full seconds?) to stutter-step his way into perfect catching position. Just extraordinary fundamentals made his catch look easier. I've seen AB glide into those too much. JBJ does some too, but it seems more controlled and better positioned than AB's.

To AB's defense, he's not a natural Lf'er. There's a difference. I could never play RF. I looked like Bambi on ice tracking fly balls down.