GAME #71, BOSTON RED SOX AT KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Started by Bear, June 20, 2017, 01:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Good all around game. Nice way to end it with a dp.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 20, 2017, 10:11:25 PM
Sweet. Good win. 1st place. Me likey.

I love Sale's passion.....Sure, he looks like he is always about to go off but that what we need more of and tonight no one can complain about his performance tonight.  8.1 innings and only four hits?  That's damn good pitching, so who gives a hoot about that two run homer in the ninth.  We were leading 8-1 when the guy went deep so there was no sweat by then.  And we hit very well, especially the bottom of the lineup.  Give Farrell a nod too for being a quick change artist.  I mean we got Marrero and Travis on that plane and in the lineup very quickly and they did a good job.  Our team looked good tonight and we should feel good about it.  A win tomorrow would even be better.  I mean, are we now actually in first place?  Can we stay there for awhile....a long while?  That's the question.

Bill-806

"VICTORY goes to those who want it the most, the longest !!!       Great win !! thumb_u

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 20, 2017, 11:15:48 PM

I love Sale's passion.....Sure, he looks like he is always about to go off but that what we need more of and tonight no one can complain about his performance tonight.  8.1 innings and only four hits?  That's damn good pitching, so who gives a hoot about that two run homer in the ninth.  We were leading 8-1 when the guy went deep so there was no sweat by then.  And we hit very well, especially the bottom of the lineup.  Give Farrell a nod too for being a quick change artist.  I mean we got Marrero and Travis on that plane and in the lineup very quickly and they did a good job.  Our team looked good tonight and we should feel good about it.  A win tomorrow would even be better.  I mean, are we now actually in first place?  Can we stay there for awhile....a long while?  That's the question.

Yeah, Fred, the standings say the Sox are in 1st place but maybe I am being old school.When I see the Sox are up in the loss column is when I`ll really be happy and say the Sox are indeed in 1st place.But the team looks good but most here really see that the team needs help at 3rd and the hitting is too inconsistent . Somehow Price and Porcello need to step it up. I think Price can do better but Porcello is what he is a #4 SP. I don`t know how they can do it but IMHO they need a big bat in the middle. We also know bad stretches are right around the corner.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 21, 2017, 07:17:55 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 20, 2017, 11:15:48 PM

Yeah, Fred, the standings say the Sox are in 1st place but maybe I am being old school.When I see the Sox are up in the loss column is when I`ll really be happy and say the Sox are indeed in 1st place.But the team looks good but most here really see that the team needs help at 3rd and the hitting is too inconsistent . Somehow Price and Porcello need to step it up. I think Price can do better but Porcello is what he is a #4 SP. I don`t know how they can do it but IMHO they need a big bat in the middle. We also know bad stretches are right around the corner.
  TRUE DAT,  howevaaa, looking down from the top is better than looking up !!  Put another way, if the SOX had WON those 15 games that I was talking about last week your above remarks would be unnecessary !!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

First place and they keep hanging on in these games.  They've been as good as anyone for the past month with Price and Porcello stinking it up, E-Rod riding the injury train, Wright gone for the season and two guys who were supposed to be key to our bullpen toast.  Not to mention the lack of a 3B and the inability to have a good lineup when one guy goes down.

Muggah

Quote from: longgame on June 21, 2017, 08:26:17 AM
First place and they keep hanging on in these games.  They've been as good as anyone for the past month with Price and Porcello stinking it up, E-Rod riding the injury train, Wright gone for the season and two guys who were supposed to be key to our bullpen toast.  Not to mention the lack of a 3B and the inability to have a good lineup when one guy goes down.

Should DD be looking for SP?
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Muggah on June 21, 2017, 08:31:48 AM

I don't think that there are many out there that would be available.  Bullpen could use about 3 new faces to step up....  Finding pitching is such a crapshoot....  Develop your own and acquire through a crystal ball !!!     Also,  give  J F an extension !!!

Rob from Mass

Excellent post!!!!!

Says a lot of what they have and picking each other up and not getting down.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 21, 2017, 11:27:25 AM

Excellent post!!!!!

Says a lot of what they have and picking each other up and not getting down.
  YES, concur.... I will  B I N G O dat !!! thumb_u

longgame

Quote from: Muggah on June 21, 2017, 08:31:48 AM

I can't imagine they really could, they'll need to spend prospects to get a 3B so they have to hope that Porcello and Price get better, at least one of them. 

Rob from Mass

Sox starting to hit with more power of late .Beni and XB back to back today.
Sox up 3-2 in the 5th. Vaz with a single and Marrero with a nice sac bunt that was thrown away. Mookie with a sac fly broke the tie.

Rob from Mass

Sox get a run on a bad pickoff throw to 1st that hit Sox coach Reuben Amaro in the chest. 4-2 going to bottom 5.