GAME #67, BOSTON RED SOX AT HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by Bear, June 16, 2017, 03:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I thought the Sox were the only team that killed golden chances like that with a GIDP.

markj

markj

Nope. Big K. That may come back to haunt them. I hope Kimbrel is sharp tonight.

ipot

One more, Kimbrel....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Nail biter.  Got the W.

Pomeranz has now figured out what Sale knows - expect no run support, pitch as if your life depended on it, and hope the pen holds up.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Kimbrel once again rulez. Close game, but a nice win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 16, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

Big win markj.  BIG WIN!!!!  I do not want to get carried away but this was a big win---on the road against a team that is running away with their division and may be the best team in the American League.  Winning one run games on the road against first place teams is big thunder to me.  Again it is only one game but maybe the team can use that as a shot in the arm to make a real move in the pennant race.  They have to know this was a good win for the team, and aside from blowing a modest rally we got the win that IPOT was hoping to cobble in this series.  Sure, we may have caught them on a little downswing but the Astros are a very good team.  I just wish that the relief pitching keeps doing its job and that the meatball doesn't always keep us on edge.  Thank God for that DP.

Anyway, in my opinion we should all be feeling very good right now.  Please let this continue.  Yanks are ahead 5-4 in the seventh though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on June 16, 2017, 10:22:31 PM
Nail biter.  Got the W.

Pomeranz has now figured out what Sale knows - expect no run support, pitch as if your life depended on it, and hope the pen holds up.

That was the recipe tonight IPOT and Pomeranz went into the seventh inning and gave up only that dinger for his one blemish.  He did just fine and we needed it.  Now we have to hope the offense will start generating some offensive consistency, and to me I like this lineup better than the others.......Vazquez and Rutledge for some reason give me more confidence than Sandoval and Leon, but the big guns have to start doing their jobs on a more consistent basis.  Mookie showed the way how to do it.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 16, 2017, 11:06:08 PM
Quote from: markj on June 16, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

Big win markj.  BIG WIN!!!!  I do not want to get carried away but this was a big win---on the road against a team that is running away with their division and may be the best team in the American League.  Winning one run games on the road against first place teams is big thunder to me.  Again it is only one game but maybe the team can use that as a shot in the arm to make a real move in the pennant race.  They have to know this was a good win for the team, and aside from blowing a modest rally we got the win that IPOT was hoping to cobble in this series.  Sure, we may have caught them on a little downswing but the Astros are a very good team.  I just wish that the relief pitching keeps doing its job and that the meatball doesn't always keep us on edge.  Thank God for that DP.

Anyway, in my opinion we should all be feeling very good right now.  Please let this continue.  Yanks are ahead 5-4 in the seventh though.
   B I N G O dat  !!!     As  DAD would say, "well SON, how do you feel today" ?? thumb_u rofl

Bill-806

Quote from: dgalehouse on June 16, 2017, 08:10:02 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 16, 2017, 04:48:53 PM
Quote from: Bear on June 16, 2017, 04:13:01 PM
RED SOX LINEUP:

BETTS, RF
PEDROIA, 2B
BOGAERTS, SS
MORELAND, 1B
BENINTENDI, LF
YOUNG, DH
BRADLEY, CF
RUTLEDGE, 3B
VAZQUEZ, C

DREW POMERANZ, PITCHER
  Hanley, M I A  ?????   Why ???  After scoring just one run last night !!!
.       Bill , Farrell said that Hanley had a " pinching sensation " in his neck.  Now , we all know just how hard it is to DH when you have a pinching sensation.
  WOW, time to move Hanley out of town, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!  Put him on the same BOAT with the Panda !! thumb_d rofl iono iono slap

Rob from Mass

The month of June has been very good for Barnes.Farrell throwing him in high leverage spots and he has done the job all month
7  2/3 IP  1er and 13 Ks leading up to Kimbrel.For the time being, he has been a huge asset in the pen.
How long it will last is the question but he deserves some credit for keeping the game in check.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 17, 2017, 08:27:55 AM
The month of June has been very good for Barnes.Farrell throwing him in high leverage spots and he has done the job all month
7  2/3 IP  1er and 13 Ks leading up to Kimbrel.For the time being, he has been a huge asset in the pen.
How long it will last is the question but he deserves some credit for keeping the game in check.

It's been good to the pen in general, something like 23 innings without a run?  That's made all the difference in a team that scores little and has several starters that can't go deep.

Bill-806

Bullpens are like girl friends ,  their  MOODS change quickly !! thumb_u rofl iono slap