GAME #54, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, June 02, 2017, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

The Red Sox have only one hit against Asher after 5 who has a 3-10 career record in 3 years.  They look awful at the plate.  No one looks worse than Ramirez.  I wonder just how hurt he is?  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the next guy on the DL.

elktonnick

The Sox look so tentative at the plate.  Benintendi is "in between".  I hope he gets his mojo back and soon.

Schloicka

Pitching was good enough. No offense again. Like pulling teeth.

elktonnick

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 02, 2017, 09:21:11 PM
Back to 3rd place.

My friends, I love you guys and gals on this board and we've got a nice group of good baseball people here who know the game and love their team.  However, if you read my earlier post you can see that what I said pretty much summed up the game they played tonight with all the warts I described earlier.  Most likely we'll get swept in Baltimore and most likely in New York, and so here's my deal.  I'm gone from this point on UNLESS Farrell is fired after this road trip.  If he is still on board I'm leaving for the rest of the summer and won't come back until the last couple of weeks.  I will expect all of you to join me in screaming for Farrell to be canned before the team is totally destroyed by this useless and worthless excuse for a manager.  Perhaps it will take a concerted effort of posters on all the boards and the press in Boston and people on TV and radio to scream for this guy's dismissal.  It all starts at the top and I would argue with anyone and everyone but GOD that Farrell is the main reason this team looks, acts, and plays like shit.  I'll miss you guys but rather than make myself miserable and make you all miserable with my constant diatribes it's better for me to take off for awhile

I want to have confidence in Dombrowski and believe that he is being held back from firing Farrell because of orders from that miserable bastard owner of ours, but if he is not, then he is as culpable as anyone for this miserable turn of events.  Have a nice summer guys and maybe our prayers will be answered.

Bear

Fred, old friend, please stick it out with us. We need you here to keep us straight.
I realize how difficult it is at time, (most of the time) but surely you realize as a
Sox fan, Les Miserables of Boston.  We have survived many years and will continue
to do so, just stick it out Fred.  Things will change.  Isn't that what we all say,
things will turn around.  You don't want to miss that Fred.
It's been difficult posting the pregrames as I read who's pitching and I say to myself,
"oh no, not him; we're gonna lose this one."  More often than not, we do end us
losing that game.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

ONCE A RED SOX FAN, ALWAYS A RED SOX FAN.  thumb_u

ipot

I second that, Fred! We need to share our communal gripes about this team.  Reading each other's posts helps us get through the ups and downs.  While I agree Farrell is doing the team no favors, he can only do so much about a punchless offense.  There is no "feared hitter" in the middle of the order (Hanley? Moreland? Benintendi? Fatso?).  Betts and Bogaerts are the only guys doing anything consistent.  The rest are just MIA.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

What a way to loose another game...  After the 1st inning, the Sox were still in it but they could not figure a way to use the entire field and keep the defense & pitcher off balance.  SHAME on  J F .....  Lets see what comes out of this today ??     CHANGE is coming....  B T W ,  Hanley, what is his problem ?  Barnes, something going on, on the home front ???    &   J F,  please humor me, IE:  Bunt, run, steel, hit & run , go with the pitch....  Heck, all that has to be worth  3+ runs per game ???

longgame

Farrell isn't going anywhere Fred, as much as many of us would like that to happen.  I don't know what it is, but he just can't get the best out of this team.  Sandoval came back and actually hits, but everyone else goes quiet.  JBJ starts to turn it around and Benitendi finds a black hole.  Pedey is out and we know that these short stints for him always seem to end up with a end of year story about how he played hurt that year and that's why he only hit .275 with no pop all year.

Have to give Porcello credit for hanging around and making a game of it.  He gives up solo HRs but was able to limit the damage.  Too bad the Sox looked way overmatched by a mediocre pitcher.