GAME #45, TEXAS RANGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 24, 2017, 04:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sale has 5 K's so far. Gonna be tough to get to 10 now.

Sox are hanging him out to dry again. Just one measly run.

Bear

Thanks Mark, to lose is one thing, I wanted him to get 10Ks

markj

Rangers bring in a relief pitcher with a 9+ ERA and the Sox take advantage and tie it up. Now they need to get this win for Sale.

markj

Sox get a run on a wild pitch. Now we know why this RF has an ERA north of 9.

markj

Two more runs in. This RF is throwing this game away very quickly. Now 6-3 Sox.

markj

Dyson walks in a run. That's 2 free runs this inning. Dyson gives up 6 runs (4ER) and gets no outs. Now that's a bad appearance.

markj

Napoli blows his second popup catch tonight.

markj

Argh. Travis swings at two crappy pitches and then K's looking at a meatball with bases loaded. Oh well, Sox got 7 runs that inning, which should nail down the win for Sale.

markj

Rangers get one back, but Sox still up by 4.

Schloicka

Sox will be 7-3 in Chris Sale starts. Not bad.

markj

More blown fundamentals with Xman and Vaz. Someone call for the ball.

No big deal, Sox win their 3rd straight. Sale gets his win.

SeaBeachFred

It took a helluva lot longer than I wished it to be but the team caught fire, or did the Ranger bullpen thats started   throwing blanks---whatever we got a big seven run seventh to finally give Sale the support he needed and saved him a loss since we were down 3-1 in the seventh.  Travis got two hits in his inaugural but I would have like one of those hits to have come with runners on base that led to RBI's.  Still we won and have taken the series.  Of course, this may mean more than Sunday or Tuesday but whether we are ready to make some kind of a move is still questionable.  For me, I want to see things keep going for another couple of weeks before I change my tune about this team.  Still, we are better than we were on Saturday night so I guess that's some sort of progress.

Tomorrow we send out Drew  Poopie Pants so if I'm more than a little leery about tomorrow evening I thing you can understand why.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 24, 2017, 10:38:37 PM
It took a helluva lot longer than I wished it to be but the team caught fire, or did the Ranger bullpen thats started   throwing blanks---whatever we got a big seven run seventh to finally give Sale the support he needed and saved him a loss since we were down 3-1 in the seventh.  Travis got two hits in his inaugural but I would have like one of those hits to have come with runners on base that led to RBI's.  Still we won and have taken the series.  Of course, this may mean more than Sunday or Tuesday but whether we are ready to make some kind of a move is still questionable.  For me, I want to see things keep going for another couple of weeks before I change my tune about this team.  Still, we are better than we were on Saturday night so I guess that's some sort of progress.

Tomorrow we send out Drew  Poopie Pants so if I'm more than a little leery about tomorrow evening I thing you can understand why.
  AS Red Sox Nation wakes up to start the day, every coffee shop & water cooler will be talking about how  J F  is a genius , yes,  3  W's in a row !!!   Go Sox thumb_u

elktonnick

Okay Hooray the Sox have won three in a row.  And yes believe it or not John Farrell out managed the Rangers last night.  The Sox played smart baseball.  But yes but, the sox won where the other team once again played incredibly sloppy baseball.  That makes three in a row where the Sox won and the other team simply played poorly .  I'd feel a lot better about this team if they were playing winning baseball against teams that basically weren't giving the game away.

longgame

Nice win, Sale can't shut out the opposing team every night and the Sox have done what they need to do - get at the middle of the bullpen.   Nice to see Travis playing - his parents are pretty low key, I would have been going crazy if my kid got his first hit!  Good moves by FJ, even though I found the move to put in Rutledge - who according to OB is really playing well - in to the game late instead of starting him.  Still, it all worked out.