GAME #44, TEXAS RANGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 22, 2017, 05:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on May 23, 2017, 08:25:01 PM
Rangers giving away runs now.
The Sox only seem to win when the other gives away runs. 8 walks and at least two runs on wild pitches.

markj

Farrell might seriously think about pulling Porcello here.

markj

Rangers shoot themselves in the foot again with a GIDP. Run scores, but bases empty now. Porcello needs to finish this out.

7th inning, so of course my MLB.TV feed starts to balk.

markj

Nope, another base hit. Porcello is gone. He gets a nice hand, but if it weren't for gift runs, the game might be tied and 5 ERs wouldn't be looking so hot.

markj

Sox lucky that close call at the plate went their way. Great relay throw by Xman and it looked to me like Leon missed the tag, but the ump called it out and the call stood.

markj

Was just about to post about how well Scott is doing and he gives up a dinger. Luckily a solo shot.

Schloicka

Should be Kimbrel time if Sox don't score in the 8th inning.

markj

4-run lead now. If it stays this way, they should still bring in Kimbrel.

markj

5-run lead now. Looks like it'll be Meatball Matt to start the 9th.

markj

Barnes done good. Sox win. Some gifts, but some good offense tonight, too.

ipot

We got some offense tonight.  Porcello's 11 hits in 6.2 inns throws WHIP up a notch....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Let's take the positives first......surprise!!!!  Bogaerts showed that he actually can drive in runs...three tonight and three hits.  Meatball pitched a decent ninth inning even though there was no real pressure, but knowing how terrible he an be, well, that was a good effort.  We also won the game thanks to a lot of help from the inept defense and pitching of the Rangers.  OTOH, we still look like turd warmed over with fundamentals , this time base running and a few swats at pitches in the twilight zone.  I need not be reminded that both Baltimore and New York lost so we actually gained a little ground but let's not kid ourselves.  This team still looks like a mediocrity and Porcello gives up too many hits and still does not look like a Co-Ace.  Let's see how it goes the rest of the this home stand before any of us get over excited.  I know I won't until I see a nice winning streak come about.

We did get some  very good news today when Hector Velasquez was sent packing back down to Pawtucket and hopefully we won't have to see this horse shit pitcher in Boston again.  Hell, the guy couldn't even pitch worth a damn in Spring Training so how the hell should we have expected this import to do anything for the Red Sox.  Don't we have anybody on the farm who can get ussome outs if we need them?

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, a  W  is better than an  L  any day" !!

longgame

They pull out a win, let's see if they can manage another.  Poor pitching but for once the hitting came through to win this one fairly easily. 

Bogey driving in some runs with his slap hitting will keep him in that spot for at least a few more weeks, as opposed to someone who should be hitting 3rd. 

Porcello is a shell of his last year self.