GAME #39, BOSTON RED SOX AT ST LOUIS CARDINALS

Started by Bear, May 17, 2017, 05:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

This feeling might last and it might dissipate by the weekend but we have to be very elated by what we saw in St. Louis against a team that had won 18 of its previous 24 games.  We came from four runs behind to TIE, but unlike 2014 which we did 16 times and lost 14 of the, THIS TIME WE PLOWED INTO EXTRA INNINGS ON THE ROAD AND CAME OUT WITH A VERY NICE WIN.  The bullpen was superb and we looked like a real team this time out.  And yes, give credit where credit is due, Farrell did an excellent job in the dugout last night.  I worry about Porcello but it does seem it takes him a couple of months to get his footing.  I hope he finds it soon.  A win on the road in extra innings against a hot team is a nice sign and I hope we may be able to get something positive from this in the next series.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 18, 2017, 08:28:22 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 18, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Could this be the game and series that turns this inconsistent season around?
Time will tell but for the moment I give kudos to this team to take 2 games from a VERY HOT team and on the road.
YES & HOPE so,   leaving Fenway on a 6 game road trip, I said that we needed to sweep the trip (6) games..... That is the blue print & I am sticking by it !! thumb_u

With 123 games left what they need to do is avoid a long losing streak say  6-7 games.Be consistent and win series especially some 4 game series. Using the word need implies if they don`t they are in trouble. I really don`t see the young Yanks staying like this all season.Maybe they do but there`s more chance they come back to the pack. 4 games out does not mean the season is lost.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 18, 2017, 01:59:11 PM
Time will tell but for the moment I give kudos to this team to take 2 games from a VERY HOT team and on the road.
YES & HOPE so,   leaving Fenway on a 6 game road trip, I said that we needed to sweep the trip (6) games..... That is the blue print & I am sticking by it !! thumb_u

With 123 games left what they need to do is avoid a long losing streak say  6-7 games.Be consistent and win series especially some 4 game series. Using the word need implies if they don`t they are in trouble. I really don`t see the young Yanks staying like this all season.Maybe they do but there`s more chance they come back to the pack. 4 games out does not mean the season is lost.
Rob from Mass, Me thinks that you are playing with words here ? I say that at this point in the season & the way we have been playing, "it would be nice/smart/need" to win the entire 6 game road trip as you say that we don't "need" a 6 game loosing streak ?  A positive road trip (6 in a row) takes away all the negative thoughts of this young season that is very quickly closing in on the first 3rd of the season..... Where I come from, winning 6 in a row at this time sure beats the heck out not loosing 6 or 4 out of 6 at this stage !!!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 18, 2017, 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 18, 2017, 01:59:11 PM

Rob from Mass, Me thinks that you are playing with words here ? I say that at this point in the season & the way we have been playing, "it would be nice/smart/need" to win the entire 6 game road trip as you say that we don't "need" a 6 game loosing streak ?  A positive road trip (6 in a row) takes away all the negative thoughts of this young season that is very quickly closing in on the first 3rd of the season..... Where I come from, winning 6 in a row at this time sure beats the heck out not loosing 6 or 4 out of 6 at this stage !!!
Whatever you say, Bingo Billy .You and only can understand the way you post. And where most of the rest of us come from 5 out of 6 is damn good .