GAME #39, BOSTON RED SOX AT ST LOUIS CARDINALS

Started by Bear, May 17, 2017, 05:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Moreland hates Meatballs that are right over the center of the plate. Can't stand them. Nope, nope, nope. Won't swing.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Abad done good. Can't believe I'm saying that. Although he has been getting better lately. Aside from Porcello's so-so game, the pitching hasn't been bad. Sox bats need to support that success. 

markj

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sox are out of pitchers. Abad is it. #notpositive

markj

"Tomorrow's gonna be another working day and I'm trying to get some rest. That's all, I'm trying to get some rest."

-Paul Simon

I'm outta here. Time for bed.

Schloicka

Nice job by the pitching staff overall. No runs given up after the 2nd inning. Way to hang in and get it done Sox. Abad with the win & Taylor with the save. On to Oakland.

ipot

Well hats off to the pen indeed.  7 innings of 2 hits and 0 ERs.   

I guess Moreland heard me vent 8)  He DOES hit doubles though.  Young does it in the clutch which he does often. 

Take the 2 Ws.  Big 2 Ws.  21-18 is moving past 500 a little more ;)
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ojdidit

Farrell managed a good game. Hurts to say that.

Bill-806

We ill look back on last night and say, this was the game that we had no business winning, but we did as everyone contributed (pitching).....  Yes, the bullpen was gooood, and that nice young man  Ben Taylor showed why he has been given the opportunity to come out of nowhere to make contributions !!!  BEN is the real deal !! thumb_u

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on May 18, 2017, 06:41:01 AM

Although I have no idea why he has Benitendi and Moreland who are both struggling mightily, hitting back to back.  Move Beni back a while to find his swing again.

I still think Bogey should bat first.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on May 18, 2017, 07:23:35 AM
Quote from: ojdidit on May 18, 2017, 06:41:01 AM

Although I have no idea why he has Benitendi and Moreland who are both struggling mightily, hitting back to back.  Move Beni back a while to find his swing again.

I still think Bogey should bat first.
Benni Biceps is tired & feeling the pressure, Give him two or three games off in Oakland and let the boy regroup..... Pressure building & pressure can destroy confidence....

Rob from Mass

Could this be the game and series that turns this inconsistent season around?
Time will tell but for the moment I give kudos to this team to take 2 games from a VERY HOT team and on the road.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 18, 2017, 08:24:15 AM
Could this be the game and series that turns this inconsistent season around?
Time will tell but for the moment I give kudos to this team to take 2 games from a VERY HOT team and on the road.
YES & HOPE so,   leaving Fenway on a 6 game road trip, I said that we needed to sweep the trip (6) games..... That is the blue print & I am sticking by it !! thumb_u