GAME #33, BOSTON RED SOX AT MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Started by Bear, May 10, 2017, 05:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Game slipping away here. Kendricks in trouble and Hembree warming up in the 'pen. Not good.

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on May 10, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
Geez, OB is repetitive. How may times do we have to hear about Thames playing in Korea?

Mark, my wife and I had a bet before the game about how many times we were going to hear about Korea.  O' Brien drives us crazy.

markj

Game over. Vaz screws up, Hembree is suddenly useless, and the Sox can't do a thing right.

ipot

It's all coming to root tonight.  Bad starting pitching, bad relief pitching, LOBsters....sound like a team going anywhere soon?  Oh, they're going to 17-16. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

O'Brien and Thames/Korea AGAIN. With A-Bad pitching. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Nice opp. field hit by Thames.  And A-bad balks as well.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Just sad. Vaz with two tosses into the OF tonight, although Marrero should have had that one.

markj

Sox pretty much blow a bases loaded, no outs chance by Vaz hitting into a DP. Vaz hasn't done much to help this game out. They did get a run.

ipot

Another 9th inning rally in the cards?  ???   
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

I'm going to Boston to see the Red Sox retire David Ortiz' number and will stay for their three game series with my wife's Angels.  Then you will never see me in Boston the rest of the year, nor perhaps in Anaheim when the Sox come out to Anaheim.  It is only May 10 but I will make my concession tonight.  This  team is going nowhere.  They are listless, lazy, poorly coached, and totally lacking in fundamentals.  What's worse they are led by the worst manager in baseball.  I hate to say it but this team stinks from almost top to bottom and when the Brewers sweep them tomorrow it will come full circle from April of 2014 when they opened their home season getting swept by that team and will get it done to them again.  We are totally leaderless and only rarely can we come back from a deficit.

No use hoping that the team wakes up, they replace Farrell and the team starts playing with some urgency.  Perhaps a sign of the times in that horseshit announcer we have.  O'Brien is a worthless boring non-entity who fits in well with Prune Face's idea of what a team in Boston should be.  Consider the loyalty and fervid emotions Red Sox fans show and then contrast that with their announcer and manager.  This organization has become one big constipation and I am already sick of them.  I have never wished for football season before......this year I do.  And, friends, Farrell will never be fired until the team is sold.

markj

The bullpen is getting abused badly. Last two games neither starter has finished 5 innings. 

ipot

Fred, while I think we (all) agree they are rudderless, uninspired, they DO have the talent on that roster.  I don't know what it will take to wake them up.  The season is far from over but there's no spark in that clubhouse.  And that falls on Farrell's head.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Quote from: ipot on May 10, 2017, 10:57:49 PM
Fred, while I think we (all) agree they are rudderless, uninspired, they DO have the talent on that roster.  I don't know what it will take to wake them up.  The season is far from over but there's no spark in that clubhouse.  And that falls on Farrell's head.

Agreed. It's time to replace Farrell. Past time, really. Letting Lovullo get away was a major league bad decision.

Bear

Bill-806

The HANMAN, no surprise here.... Hurt again, nothing to see here, moveon.org