GAME #29, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Bear, May 05, 2017, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

So they come back and then blow it. Perfect.

SeaBeachFred

THE yANKEES COMES BACK FROM A TWO RUN DEFICIT IN THE NINTH INNING AND win.  tHE rED sOX COME BACK FROM A TWO RUN DEFICIT IN THE NINTH INNING AND LOSE.  That prety much tells the story about our totally shitty team, and I mean shitty.  I think we may even start that old 2014 trend about coming back to tie and then losing, but with the meatball out there in the ninth did anyone think it would come out either way.  Face it guys and gals, this horse shit team is going nowhere and is getting there fast, and it is going to get worse before it gets better.  We don't hit, we don't f ield, we don't score, and we have a totally worthless POS managing this team.  Again, for the umpteenth time, unless Farrell is replaced and soon this team is lost.  What the @#$% is Dombrowski waiting for?  Get rid of that guy.

And one more thing before I turn in and toss and turn all night.  What kind of crappy announcer do we have anyway.  I hate hearing O'Brien.  He is dull, uninformative and come out with some of the most ridiculous lines I've ever heard.  He fits in perfectly with our crappy manager, our pathetic team, our gutless GM and moronic owner.........a total barf pile of losers.

Bill-806

J F can't last much longer... & what's going on with J B J's bat ??

ojdidit

E-Rod has pitched well this season, but that offense is killing the staff.

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 06, 2017, 07:11:54 AM
J F can't last much longer... & what's going on with J B J's bat ??

JBJ is back to his old habits.  He seems to have a real problem recognizing a strike.

Rob from Mass

Trying to say what I really feel about this underachieving team but I can't find the right words without being thrown off this board.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ojdidit on May 06, 2017, 07:35:58 AM
E-Rod has pitched well this season, but that offense is killing the staff.

WHAT OFFENSE?

Bill-806

Time for a shakeup of players & manager........   Bogy, J B J, E-rod, .....BLOCKBUSTER !!! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 06, 2017, 07:50:05 AM
Trying to say what I really feel about this underachieving team but I can't find the right words without being thrown off this board.

Rob---@#$%?, these could serve as substitutes for what you really want to say and we'd all know where you're coming from.  I'm so angry at the team right now that I want to start breaking things but my wife would throw me out of our house.  The team needs a shakeup but it needs a smart hand to do this.  Remember we tried that in 2014 when brainless Farrell and disgraced GM Cherington moved then choker Bogaerts to third and resigned FA Drew after no team signed him and after two months of inactivity.  The moves both sucked.  This time the moves must be made with some forethought and not panic.....BUT MOVES HAVE TO BE MADE because the team is sinking like a stone with no commitment, no leadership, no fire, no nothing.  Dombrowski needs to start earning his money and if Prune Face is holding him back from doing what needs to be done, as I have suspected all along with Farrell still being on the job, well he has to stand up to him even at the risk of his job and try to save this season----and if we have to bench sacred cow Bradley who right now stinks to high heaven, so be it.  And someone needs to give Xander a kick in the ass.  He looks like he's constipated out there.  What a crappy season this is shaping up as.  This team makes me sick.

Rob from Mass

I can't  blame Barnes at all for the HR pitch
At the letters and away was a good pitch .

longgame

Just another repeat performance.  There are just a couple of scripts, nearly all of them involve a good start and no offense.  Last night's had the patented "almost enough" late inning come back.  It describes the offense of the Sox to a tee.  Those that can actually make contact seem to have warning track power.  Others like Bradley aren't even approaching a major league level. 

I know Farrell likes to do as much left-right-left hitting as he can, but right now he has 4 righties and one lefty that can hit.  Bogey needs to hit higher in the order, maybe 3rd with Betts moving to fourth and Hanley behind them.  After that, you can hope Moreland gets an out just so you can get the last 3 guys all in one inning so as not to destroy more than one inning in a row. 

The DPs are killing them and if I watch one more guy with his hands coming over the top to hit a weak ground ball I may break my TV.  Can some of these guys at least maybe hit a fly ball to right with a runner on second or third? 

This offense is below pathetic.  I can "tip my cap" to a guy every now and then, but they are getting shut down night after night.