GAME #19, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, April 23, 2017, 03:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on April 23, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Good overall job by E-rod today. He seemed more aggressive today. Got tired I think in his last inning but got through it.
   With pitch count pushing 100, J F leaves him in to walk bases loaded !!!  Dodged a bullet, A-rod was cooked and should have been yanked.... Don't let our 6 runs fool ya, you don't want the O's back in this game !!!

Rob from Mass

Very IMPRESSIVE outing by E rod. Had a hic cup in the 6th with 3 BBs but reached back and got out of it. 6ip. 1hit 7Ks and those 5 BBs.d All in all damn good in my book.

longgame

Poor Machado, gets a haircut and the O's announcers whine about how he didn't mean it.  If he didn't mean it, why did he lift his leg up and take Pedey in the calf after he was well past the bag.  I was hoping Kelley would finish the job, but instead foolishly put one flat over the plate. 

markj

Kelly doing his best to give the game away.

markj

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on April 23, 2017, 04:08:55 PM
Abad is useless. Please lose him.
  B I N G O  dat !!!  & Ben Taylor rides the I-95 shuttle ????  Not to mention that Machado is up again in the 9th.... This may not end well !!

Rob from Mass

Good game and Erod looked damn good minus the 3 BBs. Abad is a total waste.

markj

elktonnick

Abad is useless.  Pardon the pun but he really is  "Abad" pitcher.

ipot

Quote from: markj on April 23, 2017, 04:08:55 PM
Abad is useless. Please lose him.

They put him out there to do his job - give the other team some hits and a run.   He's being paid, so I guess they mind as well use him for something.   
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 23, 2017, 12:12:29 PM

Not good news at all.
Dustin Pedroia will get MRI on his left knee and ankle on Monday in Boston.
Swelling and soreness in Pedroia's knee and ankle has not not gone down and Hanley is still feeling soreness in his right shoulder.

Shit!!!! Yesterday all we heard was that Pedroia got spiked on his calk, nothing that seemed serious at all, but now we hear he's having an MRI on BOTH his knee and ankle?  Just how damn serious is this?  And how long are we going to be without him?  Hernandez is going to be exposed very quickly because to me he is a journeuy man and little else, and with Sandoval joining him in the infield makes it a porous place on the diamond.  As for Abad, why the hell is he still with us when Taylor is rotting in Pawtucket after pitching fine for us?  What the hell gives here anyway?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 23, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on April 23, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Good overall job by E-rod today. He seemed more aggressive today. Got tired I think in his last inning but got through it.
   With pitch count pushing 100, J F leaves him in to walk bases loaded !!!  Dodged a bullet, A-rod was cooked and should have been yanked.... Don't let our 6 runs fool ya, you don't want the O's back in this game !!!

That's why it's always good to have a decent lead when Farrell starts thinking (now that's an oxymoron for you) about changing or not changing a pitcher.  I tell you Bill that Farrell is a disaster waiting to happen, the very worst a manager can be.  What today's told me is that we won, but is this a one shot spurt or has the drought ended so we can hit again.  As for catching someone has to tell that moron to catch Vazquez and bring up Swihart.  Barring some miracle Leon is about finished.  He was always a fill win for his career so why do the Sox think this guy is a budding star?  He is not, and that goes triple for Abad.  Bring Taylor up and get rid of that shit.  He sucks.  Well we get a day off before we take on the Yanks.  I hope the hitters haven't forgotten how to hit by Tuesday.

longgame

I saw that Abad was giving up a .400 BA to lefties.  Amazing.