GAME #12, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 16, 2017, 04:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Nice little punch double down the left field line for Beni .

Rob from Mass

Rob from Mass

Back to back very nice 1-2-3 outings by Kimbrel.

markj

Nice, clean 1-2-3 by Kimbrel to close it out. Good come from behind win. Still not happy with Pomeranz's outing, though.

SeaBeachFred

It doesn't even help to bitch and complain because it only falls on deaf ears, but it is sure good to vent out our frustration and anger at some of the horse dung baseball we've seen from this squad so far.  The upshot is we came back and won despite Xander becoming a DP machine with that weapon in his hand, and the meatball tried to piss it away.  We had a god day at the plate, Kimbrel had another clean inning, two in a row is even better.  Still, do any of you out there still feel that this team is firing on only half its cylinders?  We seemed listless for much of the game, and what gives with giving the opposition a big lead in the opening innings?  Maybe we're rounding into shape in a very slow manner.  I guess that's the best way to look at it even if you have doubts.

Wright owes himself, the fans and his teammates a nod for his mulligan last time out.  A split in this series doesn't help us much but a series win would take that loss Friday a little easier to take.

ipot

Panda just earned himself another start in the lineup.  He finally heard our calls for his rear on the pine  8)
Moreland such a pleasant surprise so far.
Kimbrel w/o the drama finally.

Pom-Pom is our 3rd lousy starting pitching job in a row.... :P

17 hits and a W. I'll take it.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

As bad as Sandoval has been, he leads the team in RBIs. Just goes to show that there is an apparent power outage on Hawkeye Way at present.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 16, 2017, 05:02:00 PM
It doesn't even help to bitch and complain because it only falls on deaf ears, but it is sure good to vent out our frustration and anger at some of the horse dung baseball we've seen from this squad so far.  The upshot is we came back and won despite Xander becoming a DP machine with that weapon in his hand, and the meatball tried to piss it away.  We had a god day at the plate, Kimbrel had another clean inning, two in a row is even better.  Still, do any of you out there still feel that this team is firing on only half its cylinders?  We seemed listless for much of the game, and what gives with giving the opposition a big lead in the opening innings?  Maybe we're rounding into shape in a very slow manner.  I guess that's the best way to look at it even if you have doubts.

Wright owes himself, the fans and his teammates a nod for his mulligan last time out.  A split in this series doesn't help us much but a series win would take that loss Friday a little easier to take.
  B I N G O  dat  !!!!   We bitch & complain because we can.....  I have been a big league manager since I was a kid and became a Red Sox & Ted Williams FAN !!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 17, 2017, 07:45:47 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 16, 2017, 05:02:00 PM

B I N G O  dat  !!!!   We bitch & complain because we can.....  I have been a big league manager since I was a kid and became a Red Sox & Ted Williams FAN !!!

Well BINGO dat to you too since you can understand my penchant for wanting to vent when I see horse dung baseball, but  there is little to bitch about today since we won the finale and took the series 3 games to 1 from the Rays.  Supposedly TB is not that good of a team and maybe some say we should have won by a bigger margin in these past three games and I even lean a little in that direction, BUT winning close games is a sign of a team that may AND I SAY MAY be starting to put some decent baseball together.  Of course, Wright, winner or not, wasn't that sharp today and we need him, Rick, Edwardo and Drew to get in there and help Chris Sale make our rotation one that can compete and win on a continuous basis......and here'd hoping David Price can return soon. It turned out to be a good series this weekend after all after that debacle Friday evening.