GAME #11, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 15, 2017, 02:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Amazing. Barnes gets out of the inning with a sweet DP.

Rob from Mass

markj

Ok, Kimbrel. This is a real save situation and the game is on the line. No excuses. Get it done.

Rob from Mass

Kimbrel time .Don't  know if I should drink or pray.

Rob from Mass

Well that was different from our closer.A 1-2-3 inning.

markj

Kimbrel done good. Sale gets a richly deserved win. He was stellar again.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 15, 2017, 12:49:16 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 15, 2017, 12:24:33 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 15, 2017, 07:41:48 AM
  J F needs to field a lineup that can score some runs....... I can't stand the "keep the line moving" thought process.....Hit/run/ score and don't waste Sale anymore !!!

Any suggestions ?
  Yes, SMALL ball till you get into the bullpen....  Avoid the D P's, keep the defense guessing and off balance.........  Live by the long ball, die by the long ball !!

And get that efen Sandoval out of the lineup---and bring up Swihart to add another bat to the shaky attack.

Do we have talent?  Yes we're supposed to have?  We therefore have a talented bunch, but RIGHT NOW WE ARE A SHITTY TEAM!!!!!!!  Sale should have been give two or three more runs today if the hitters would have done their job, and say what you will, Barnes may have a .000 ERA but to me he is still a meatball and I have very little confidence in him.  He was lucky today.  He often pitches as if the strike zone is high and outside.

ipot

I really feel bad for Sale.  He's gonna ride out the whole season w/o any darn run support >:(

Fred, I'm with you on Sandoval.  I'd bring up Swihart over Young. 
We could ride Holt at 3B - it would be an improvement.  Unfortunately, Matt Dominguez' bat is no improvement over Panda's
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on April 15, 2017, 08:13:18 PM
I really feel bad for Sale.  He's gonna ride out the whole season w/o any darn run support >:(

We could ride Holt at 3B - it would be an improvement.  Unfortunately, Matt Dominguez' bat is no improvement over Panda's

I forgot about Matt Dominguez.   I wonder how he and Swihart are doing at Pawtucket.  If they want a call-up they had better not soil the bed and instead play solid ball and show some strength at the plate.

Muggah

Quote from: ipot on April 15, 2017, 08:13:18 PM

You're right, ipot---we could ride Hotl for a spell, but he's not any kind of real solution. Dombrowski and Henry have coughed up a big fur ball putting all their eggs in Sandoval's basket (no pun intended).

Fix this soon, DD!
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 15, 2017, 06:53:24 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 15, 2017, 12:49:16 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 15, 2017, 12:24:33 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on April 15, 2017, 07:41:48 AM
  J F needs to field a lineup that can score some runs....... I can't stand the "keep the line moving" thought process.....Hit/run/ score and don't waste Sale anymore !!!

Any suggestions ?
  Yes, SMALL ball till you get into the bullpen....  Avoid the D P's, keep the defense guessing and off balance.........  Live by the long ball, die by the long ball !!

And get that efen Sandoval out of the lineup---and bring up Swihart to add another bat to the shaky attack.

Do we have talent?  Yes we're supposed to have?  We therefore have a talented bunch, but RIGHT NOW WE ARE A SHITTY TEAM!!!!!!!  Sale should have been give two or three more runs today if the hitters would have done their job, and say what you will, Barnes may have a .000 ERA but to me he is still a meatball and I have very little confidence in him.  He was lucky today.  He often pitches as if the strike zone is high and outside.

How long til Sale blows a gasket over the lack of run support? Lord knows I there already with this crapfest offense.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 15, 2017, 05:42:28 PM
Not pretty but Barnes  got the big DP
ball.
And TAYLOR is back at 3-A, why ???  Because he could.....  Convenient CONTRACT !!!!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 16, 2017, 06:45:25 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 15, 2017, 05:42:28 PM
Not pretty but Barnes  got the big DP
ball.
And TAYLOR is back at 3-A, why ???  Because he could.....  Convenient CONTRACT !!!!

It's a waste keeping the next MARIANO at AAA .