GAME #8, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 12, 2017, 04:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Sure would have been nice to pick up a few more last inning, but at least it's a game now.

markj

markj

markj

Geez, Kelly is driving nails in the coffin lid. 3 runs in so far. Now 12-5.

markj

No team can pound out runs against the Sox like the O's. Sox did manage 5 runs, so that's something. 

SeaBeachFred

We were out of this game in the first inning and that was that.  We looked like shit warmed over tonight from almost top to bottom and here we are at 500 and no momentum at all.  Mookie looked like the turd express tonight and the pitching was downright awful.  Yes, we know it's early but does this look like a team that is on a mission to win?  Some of you know that in the NL I follow the Cubs as my second team and have since 2011 when they were shitty.  Well they too were shitty tonight and, to make matters worse, they are losing to the damn Dodgers.  So for me this evening was was a total crud fest.  Let's get them tomorrow.........maybe.

Bear

Wright=Wrong!
Kelly, not ready.
Team, disappointing.
IMHO, it's more than the flu! thumb_d

ipot

As said above - this is the thing about knuckleballers.  Wright STUNK last night.  And the mystery is: we NOR he never know what he'll do in his next start.  Just like Wakefield and Dickey. 

Kelly finished strong last year in relief.  I think he'll get it together.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

The problem is that Wright has stunk ever since Farrell injured him.  Now we're stuck.

Last night he was throwing stuff that didn't move at all. The pitch to Adam Jones was a 65mph pitch, dead in the middle of the strike zone with all of the properties of a hanging curve ball.  You can't suspend a ball in the air, smack in the middle of the plate, at low speed, against any major league lineup.