GAME #5, RED SOX AT DETROIT TIGERS

Started by Bear, April 09, 2017, 05:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

No one warming up. 2 men on.  What a frickin mess this guy is.
Cabrera can put Kimbrel out of his misery.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

WTF? He's not even close. Back-to-back walks.  slap thumb_d :losers

Rob from Mass

Very hard to watch Kimbrel pitch. Comes to the Sox and becomes a BB magnet.

markj

ipot

VMart almost sent Kimbrel to the showers. What a thin line between 1 strike and a tie game
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

OB doesn't learn. Still going with the "one strike away" bit.

ipot

Technically a save, but I'd have to call it something else: escape job.
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Finally. Maybe Kimbrell needs to do more warmups so he's ready when he comes in.

Rob from Mass

Plain and simple Kimbrel is no longer in the top tier of closers.Amazing what coming to the Fens has done to this guy.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on April 09, 2017, 03:38:32 PM
Finally. Maybe Kimbrell needs to do more warmups so he's ready when he comes in.

Yeah like the  7th inning let him start throwing loosely.It sure can`t hurt him .

Rob from Mass

Even with the drama it's a helluva comeback W.Maybe now the bug has run its course and the team can get healthy.
The flu is a strange thing since the shot is said to be only 60% effective and takes 4-5 days to start to work.Big matchup tomorrow should be a dandy.

Rob from Mass

Sandy doing his best to help Swihart become a good defensive catcher by hitting in the clutch which is keeping Swihart at AAA where he belongs at least for a while.

Muggah

Nice W, but I've had it already with Kimbrel. If Dombrowski isn't already turning over rocks to try to find a legit closer he's a dope.

In the interest of fairness, nice move by Farrell in the 7th on the DP challenge that allowed Beni to come back out and tie the game.

Any game that ends in a W is ok with me.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 09, 2017, 03:37:31 PM
OB doesn't learn. Still going with the "one strike away" bit.

Talking about all that sucks about us right now, put OB into that mix.  He isn't a good scab off of Don Orsillo's ass as far as I'm concerned.  He just dull, diffident and a total blob.  I heard Don on a MLB Padres-Giants game the other night and I immediately got my Italian up to know that rotten Prune Face fired this guy and replaced him with a dud like O'Brien.   Talk about going backwards.  Well, I saw our bullpen doing their thing again and let me say that when you have meatball Barnes has your relief savior of the day you are entering into a cave of cow turd.  Still, thank God we won.  Now can we depend on Chris coming back tomorrow and getting us a split and maybe getting our full team on the field within the next couple of days?