Main Menu

Red Sox injuries.

Started by elktonnick, July 25, 2022, 06:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Waiting, waiting.  In the business world an exec. is rated on ability making a decision.  I really wonder if Bloom is capable of decision making at this level. Maybe he’d be more comfortable at HomeDepot or Beds, Bath and Beyond. Either fish or cut bait , man.  Help your team , at least provide something for 2023.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 31, 2022, 01:00:45 PM
Waiting, waiting.  In the business world an exec. is rated on ability making a decision.  I really wonder if Bloom is capable of decision making at this level. Maybe he’d be more comfortable at HomeDepot or Beds, Bath and Beyond. Either fish or cut bait , man.  Help your team , at least provide something for 2023.

Sea Dog. simply put, Bloom has proven to be incompetent.  He likes to go the prospect route the way they did at Tampa Bay, but he wasn't in control there and the ones who were were competent. Bloom is an incompetent buffoon who can trade for prospects but doesn't how good they are.  When you get guys like Cordero, Winchowski, trade back for Bradley, and then try to sell them off as legitimate your slip starts showing.  However, to fire him and then send Cora packing at well since he is a rotten filthy cheater bringing filth and dirt to the team's reputation, it would cost Prune Face money to do that and he wants to hoard all the cash he has.  The only answer is to boycott the games, not watch them on TV, and buy none of their products JUST AS I HAVE DONE.  If hundreds of thousands of Red Sox fans would do that Henry would either put up or sell the team.  It would also be a good idea for the gutless Red Sox writers on the Globe rip Henry to shreds but since he also owns the paper guys like Dan and the rest would rather cow in fear that show some guts and let the man have hit.

MongoLikeSox

Has anyone heard anything about Tyler Danish? No update on the MLB site since 7/7.

longgame

Well Sale fell of his bike and broke his wrist so he's done for the season.  No more TV smashing for this joke of an "athlete".
https://fansided.com/2022/08/09/red-sox-chris-sale-injury-bike-accident/

Sea Dog 23

Sale missed his calling.  He is a natural for the Allstate guy always showing up at disaster sites. 

The guy is a joke of a team player. There are some folks thinking we bid for Verlander in the off season.

MongoLikeSox

Man, oh, man. Every time I hear some Chris Sale setback news, I quickly remind myself that my train of thought had him at zero for the season. Anything we got would have been a bonus. Then I don't feel so let down when it actually happens. Already over it, though I do feel bad for him.

It's amazing how the Tyler Danish thing remains an issue of silence. He was one of our late inning guys for a week or so, and earned it via performance.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2022, 10:46:06 AM
Sale missed his calling.  He is a natural for the Allstate guy always showing up at disaster sites. 

The guy is a joke of a team player. There are some folks thinking we bid for Verlander in the off season.

I was once a very big fan of Chris Sale.  He was a total team player, tough competitor and knew how to play in Boston and liked it.  But he has become a fragile MASH specimen and I think Cora's filthy rotten cheating reputation is rubbing off on our players like Chris and Trevor, Hill and Nathan, and God knows who is next.

Sea Dog 23

Hey, we can also add Houck to the IL.  WTH is going on?  Sox signed reliever  Jeurys Familia to a minor league deal today.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2022, 06:34:24 PM
Hey, we can also add Houck to the IL.  WTH is going on?  Sox signed reliever  Jeurys Familia to a minor league deal today.

I just saw that earlier.  So even if we somehow get a lead we won't be able to close it out. 

elktonnick

Why all of these injuries.  The Sox seem to be suffering more injuries than the laws of probability would allow.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2022, 06:53:29 AM
Why all of these injuries.  The Sox seem to be suffering more injuries than the laws of probability would allow.

The gods of fate really have it in for us right now.  When you have a cheater as manager, an incompetent buffoon as head of baseball ops and an owner who has become AWOL in responsibility, it stands to reason that the sludge of filth and mud will engulf you.  We can do little about it since none of us here have the power to alter things unless enough fans get enough starch in their personalities and simply stop watching the games or attending them.  I can no longer trust the scribes writing for the Globe since Prune Face owns the paper and it wouldn't surprise me any if those writers started really hammering him their jobs might be jeopardy----I wouldn't put it past Henry to do that, the gutless bum.  But where are the other bloggers or scribes or columnists in New England who are seeing the same shit show we are night after night.  Do they think by staying comatose verbally things will magically get better? There must be a clarion call to get Cora, Bloom and most of the stinking roster we have out of Boston this coming off season.  Hell, does a governor of a NE state have to start the procession?  Good for Governor Sununu.  Now let others get in line and start doing some hell raising or we will see this shit show continue unabated next season and the next and the next after that.

elktonnick

I hope the Red Sox install water softener in the lock rooms next year We do not want Sale getting a concussion because he showered in hard water.

markj

Sale is so skinny he has to run around in a shower to get wet. More chance of him slipping and breaking some other bone.

Sea Dog 23

... there once was a pitcher from Pawtucket,
he was so boney he could hardly chuck it,
then along came a bicycle named Rosemary,
and they both decided to go off and marry.   sigh

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 11, 2022, 06:09:27 PM
Sale is so skinny he has to run around in a shower to get wet. More chance of him slipping and breaking some other bone.

Sale's wife had better start feeding him loads and loads of good old Italian pasta to put some meat on that boney body of his.  The guy looks like a scarecrow and his inability to stay healthy and get the strangest and weirdest injuries simply astounds me.  It is time for him to recalibrate his training methods, put some weight on, strengthen his body and come out in 2023 and 2024 and make up for the nothing he has given us since 2018.  I know he is a competitor and his great pitching for us in 2017 and that magical year of 2018 bears that out, but he can't help himself or the team if he is in a MASH unit trying to get healthy.  For Pete's Chris, get your head out and your muscles and tendons in.