Main Menu

Red Sox injuries.

Started by elktonnick, July 25, 2022, 06:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 11, 2022, 09:32:26 PM
Quote from: markj on August 11, 2022, 06:09:27 PM
Sale is so skinny he has to run around in a shower to get wet. More chance of him slipping and breaking some other bone.

Sale's wife had better start feeding him loads and loads of good old Italian pasta to put some meat on that boney body of his.  The guy looks like a scarecrow and his inability to stay healthy and get the strangest and weirdest injuries simply astounds me.  It is time for him to recalibrate his training methods, put some weight on, strengthen his body and come out in 2023 and 2024 and make up for the nothing he has given us since 2018.  I know he is a competitor and his great pitching for us in 2017 and that magical year of 2018 bears that out, but he can't help himself or the team if he is in a MASH unit trying to get healthy.  For Pete's Chris, get your head out and your muscles and tendons in.

I'll never understand that about Sale.  It's no wonder he gets hurt with nothing to protect him on that body.  You'd think the training staff would have him on some sort of diet, but they let fat guys play too, so go figure. 

MongoLikeSox

It's been said by the broadcast team that Sale is one dude that can famously put away some serious amounts of food.  I think he's already adjusted his diet to lower the inflammation.

There are some in this world that are accident prone. We had a player on the 70's team who was always getting hurt doing every day things like closing a car door or using stairs. Things just happen to folks like that. My own Father had two things he should have never been allowed to do. Own a pickup truck as he's broken countless rear windows of pickup trucks. Second, no ladders or roofs. His fall count was impressive. My wife should never step backwards for falling, and could burn bread without an oven. I cannot order a steak in town. Nasty, gristly cuts. I could have friends order the same thing and get a perfect cut and cooked to perfection. I've also been too close and/or seen too many tornadoes. Most people don't even see one. Point is, it's uncanny how certain things happen to certain people with repetition. Chris Sale may be accident prone. We all saw him get nailed with a batted ball.

SeaBeachFred

After hearing that Mongo I better watch where I walk, run and cycle on my favorite stationary bike.  Today getting up to bring the dishes back into the kitchen after eating in the living room I simply fell and almost dropped all the dishes, glasses, fruit bowls and seasonings I was carrying.  So I agree with everything you said.

Sea Dog 23

Bad luck doesnt dwell on just the Sox.  All Star Fernando Tatis of the Padres broke his wrist just before Spring training riding a motorcycle.  He was on his rehab assignment, and was just caught today having used PED's.  The league has suspended him another 80 games.  That really hurts their title chances and a year less fully utilizing Soto with all the moving parts.

longgame

Well Bogaerts has made his annual late season statement that he's been hurt all year.  Gee, how about going on the IL and getting better rather than play injured all season long?  I'm just so sick of every twist and turn with this club.  The manager and training staff should have been all over this and taken care of it.  Utterly incompetent organization.  Someone gets called up today to play IF and Bello pitches so there's really no reason to watch tonight.

https://nesn.com/2022/08/xander-bogaerts-reveals-hes-played-through-injury-most-of-this-season/

MongoLikeSox

I just wish he had stayed with the basic hitting swing he had used with success this year. If he lost power, move him ahead of the guy that still had it. Meaning give him the #1 or #2 spot and put the team's best base-runner get knocked in by the teams best RBI man. Sounds like an opportunity to manage to current strengths lost out.

And anyone else notice those near collisions have dropped off? Did it take disaster to wake them up, or was it assumed implied with the Manager's generic "play smart" rant?

I wonder if he was one of the ones targeted when our geniuses went to work on the guys with this hit more homers discussion at the start of this slide?