Main Menu

All Star Snub?

Started by longgame, July 12, 2022, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

So Devers rightly made it, Bogey added another couple million onto his new annual contract value and JDM is a replacement.  But what about Vazquez.  We all know Kirk in Toronto has been having a great season and gets all of Canada voting for him, so I have no problem with that.  But Trevino from the Yankees has made it as the backup catcher.  He's got some power for sure, and he's apparently a good defensive catcher.  But Vaz is hitting something like 50 points better, has always been a good defensive catcher and Trevino doesn't even have qualifying stats because he hasn't played enough.  I'd much rather see a veteran like Vazquez get his due and hopefully he can make the team as a replacement.

MongoLikeSox

I agree. I don't really understand how that's not happening. Sort of speaks large to lack of good hitting catchers around the league these days, too.

Trevino's got the hype machine behind him, that's for sure. You saw that Yankee broadcast Sunday Night on ESPN. They were touting Trevino from the start as being one of the big reasons for their success so far this season. The only thing I see is 2 more HR in 80 less ABs and (then) 40 points lower BA.

I figured long ago that this would ht Vasquez's year with Perez in KC being down.

I also thought JDM was a snub with his average what it was. Doesn't matter now he's in.