Robles to be DFA'd?

Started by MongoLikeSox, July 06, 2022, 07:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Per source on MLB.com.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/news/red-sox-injuries-and-roster-moves

From the article:
July 5: RHP Hansel Robles DFA'd to make room for Bello
Though the Red Sox haven't made the move official yet, a source told MLB.com that the struggling Robles was designated for assignment following Tuesday's 8-4 loss to the Rays in order to make room on the roster for No. 3 prospect Brayan Bello, who will make his MLB debut on Wednesday.

edit: Note that Bello is already on the 40-man. We had to move a pitcher off the MLB roster, though, so Bello can join for his start. DFA'ing Robles does not only that, but clears an active 40-man spot for Sale. Part 2, of course, is someone gets sent down when Sale comes back.

longgame

They have to dump this guy.  Excited for Bello tonight.  Let's hope they give him some offensive and defensive support.

MongoLikeSox

The biggest worry I have about Robles is Tampa. Is it any coincidence that Robles threw the hardest he has all year last night?  IF he clears waivers, I would not be surprised to see him snatched up and "corrected", so to speak. As awful as he has been this year, he can still throw 95+.

I'm was never afraid of monsters hiding under my bed when I was young, but I can worry myself wiht some sports nonsense to this day.  ;D 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 06, 2022, 01:22:43 PM
The biggest worry I have about Robles is Tampa. Is it any coincidence that Robles threw the hardest he has all year last night?  IF he clears waivers, I would not be surprised to see him snatched up and "corrected", so to speak. As awful as he has been this year, he can still throw 95+.

I'm was never afraid of monsters hiding under my bed when I was young, but I can worry myself wiht some sports nonsense to this day.  ;D

I'll take that chance Mongo.  We rid ourselves of this bum and if the Rays are able to turn Robles around it will be a high sign that our pitching guros aren't worth shit and should be fired unless Bloom has little control over things like that and he has to summon Henry for permission to get rid of him.  I want him gone.

Sea Dog 23

I'll put this here.  As scrappy as the Sox are playing in Boston, a Sox did make the espn  Sports Center Top 10. Ceddanne Raphaela made a circus catch in center field for Portland last night.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 09, 2022, 07:06:53 AM
I'll put this here.  As scrappy as the Sox are playing in Boston, a Sox did make the espn  Sports Center Top 10. Ceddanne Raphaela made a circus catch in center field for Portland last night.
Yeah, man!
We watched that kid on Chris Sale's start in Portland last week. He is for real. Robbed a HR in CF, diving catch coming in on the ball earlier. Had a very good night at the plate, too. Seen him a few other times. He's for real defensively. I hope he's for real offensively. 

If he's part of the roster crunch going into next year and ends up on the 40-man Roster, we will see him in Boston. High energy spark plug type that Boston will eat up. He can flat out play baseball. 

MongoLikeSox

Robles cleared waivers,  Sox released.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 09, 2022, 08:00:47 AM
Yeah, man!
We watched that kid on Chris Sale's start in Portland last week. He is for real. Robbed a HR in CF, diving catch coming in on the ball earlier. Had a very good night at the plate, too. Seen him a few other times. He's for real defensively. I hope he's for real offensively. 

If he's part of the roster crunch going into next year and ends up on the 40-man Roster, we will see him in Boston. High energy spark plug type that Boston will eat up. He can flat out play baseball.

He better be able to hit.  One Jackie Bradley a decade is enough.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 09, 2022, 10:39:08 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 09, 2022, 08:00:47 AM
Yeah, man!

He better be able to hit.  One Jackie Bradley a decade is enough.
The reason they're talking about him now is because he is having his offense breakout year. 4 for 6 today. Avg over .290.

MongoLikeSox

The Dodgers signed Robles to a minor league deal on Friday.

Sea Dog 23

What goes around comes around.  Yanks put Severino on IL and call up Ryan Weber from AAA.  WTH?