Main Menu

Minor League News?

Started by MongoLikeSox, April 13, 2022, 07:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

I just read the article in the Atheletic with the Red Sox farm director.  It reinforces my opinion the Bloom is pursuing quantity over quality. 
I also believe he is rushing players to the majors before they are ready.  Duran appears to be the one whose confidence has been really shaken by his awful stint with the big club.
Unless Bloom has a complete reset I still see him buying several Swiss Army knives instead of one good Bowie knife.

Sea Dog 23

Its Sept 1.  Time to allow your AAA gems to get their prizes.  Promoted tofday are relief pitcher Eduardo Bazardo (3.45 era, 1.47 WHIP and catcher Connor Wong, who has also getting reps at 2B in Wooster (sound familiar?)

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 01, 2022, 01:33:25 PM
Its Sept 1.  Time to allow your AAA gems to get their prizes.  Promoted tofday are relief pitcher Eduardo Bazardo (3.45 era, 1.47 WHIP and catcher Connor Wong, who has also getting reps at 2B in Wooster (sound familiar?)

He'll be playing RF by the end of the weekend. 

Sea Dog 23

Where is #2 prospect Casas?  A lot of info that he won’t be seen at Fenway in September.

One) his splits show most of his production off RH pitchers, incl all 11 homers.
Against righties, Casas is hitting .290 with 29 extra-base hits, 32 RBIs, a 39-to-34 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a .955 OPS.

From the left side, those numbers dip to .227 with three extra-base hits (all doubles), five RBIs, a 28-to-12 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a .627 OPS.

It should be noted that Casas has a little over three times the at-bats against right-handed pitching than left but the averages are still notably off and his lack of pop against his own side of the plate is disappointing.

Two) He has never been at one place very long.  The short Covid year in 20.  His Olympic travels in 21, his injury shortened 22.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 02, 2022, 03:27:41 PM
Where is #2 prospect Casas?  A lot of info that he won’t be seen at Fenway in September.

One) his splits show most of his production off RH pitchers, incl all 11 homers.
Against righties, Casas is hitting .290 with 29 extra-base hits, 32 RBIs, a 39-to-34 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a .955 OPS.

From the left side, those numbers dip to .227 with three extra-base hits (all doubles), five RBIs, a 28-to-12 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a .627 OPS.

It should be noted that Casas has a little over three times the at-bats against right-handed pitching than left but the averages are still notably off and his lack of pop against his own side of the plate is disappointing.

Two) He has never been at one place very long.  The short Covid year in 20.  His Olympic travels in 21, his injury shortened 22.

Is this the beginning of another No. 1 draft choice going off the rails before he even gets his feet wet in the Majors.  Bring Casas up and let him see LH pitching and let him play against all types.  This bullshit about Blom believing we are still in the WC race is a crock of poo.  It is time to begin the rebuild, get rid of the garbage and start on the road to recovery which will still be hampered by having Bloomer and Cora back, but hopefully when both screw up next year they will finally be gone.

longgame

They can only bring up one additional position player and one pitcher.  Casas is likely to be up at some point. 

elktonnick

The early call ups to Duran and Downs were disastrous.  Neither ready.  I am in no hurry to see Casas in the bigs.   The Sox need to show some patience. There is no reason to rush.