Main Menu

Minor League News?

Started by MongoLikeSox, April 13, 2022, 07:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Groome has yet to pitch. Duran appeared in the first two games and Fitzgerald only in the first 3 before reappearing last night.

So, Does anyone know where can I find news on these guys and other day to day goings on in the farm system? The teams sites do not to a good job if this sort of thing. Google returns very little.

btw, Fitzgerald is doing everything in his power to make the Sox look silly for keeping Arauz. 3 HRs in his first 3 games, disappears for 5 days and then comes back and hits another.  .571 BA after 4 total games. Nice start.

Sea Dog 23

Young Duran is out with Covid, a positive case.

longgame

MongoLikeSox

Thanks for the links!  thumb_u   

MongoLikeSox

One more bit on the following the minor league baseball front. I got an offer via email yesterday from MLB. MLB subscribers can pay an extra $25 and get MiLB games. Kewl!!! I did it. Oughta be fun once in a while.  thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, the milb viewing could be interesting.  To some degree, maybe a large degree, Bloom has set up the 2022 season in Boston as a bridge to Casas, Winchowski, Seabold, Duran (??), even Murphy, Bello and Walter from AA. The last three would need epic years to make MLB any time in 2023.

longgame

I used to always get the rare MiLB games they had on TV but now they're apparently subject to blackouts.  Hell of a way to grow the sport.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 26, 2022, 12:12:56 PM
I used to always get the rare MiLB games they had on TV but now they're apparently subject to blackouts.  Hell of a way to grow the sport.

MLB blacks out a lot of games the past couple of years and it makes me wonder just how these ball clubs and the baseball channel are in cahoots to screw the viewer out of some prime time fun.  They seem to have a lot of Dodger games scheduled on MLB T V out here in Southern California but you get the "blacked out" BS verbiage on the screen.  You wonder if MLB could put another game on instead of just telling the fans to shine it on.  Then, again, I could turn to the Dodgers channel and get bored to death listening to those two dry wits they put in the announcer's booth.

longgame

I picked up a schedule for the AAA Charlotte Knights today.  Apparently whether its to reduce costs or for Covid reasons, the schedule is 6 games at home against the the same team, followed by 6 games on the road at one other team's stadium.  One effect is that teams in different divisions only have 6 games with each other so in the case of the Knights, they only play Worcester 6 games in a row and none in Charlotte.

I am amazed how the powers that be in professional baseball manage to screw up everything.

MongoLikeSox

The blackout are all about protecting the local markets for their TV contracts. That's a huge source of revenue, and those stations need to be able to sell subscriptions and cable contracts and crap. Do I agree with it? Hell to the know. I'm in Baltimore's and Washington National's local zone. Nobody gives a crap about either of them here in Raleigh, NC. BUT, thanks to a tip given here, I got me the IPTV and a streaming service that mitigates all that crap for $110 per year. PLUS I get all Patriots games. Thanks Longgame!!! 

Oh, that covid thing and reduced travel was supposed to be the impetus for the 6 games in a city thing. They increased the travel some, but kept the 6 game thing for this year. I wonder if it will continue.

longgame

That wasn’t me but I may look into it.  With DirectTV I get all the games, just have to watch the opposing team broadcast.  I imagine we have the same restrictions in Charlotte which also includes Atlanta and for some reason Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.

MongoLikeSox

Might have been markj, maybe? At any rate, the service is Uzzo TV and you need to get a streaming app for it, which for me was the IPTV for some stupid low price. Maybe $100 a year for the streaming service and another $15 for the app. I got it because I was sick of not seeing any Sox/Orioles games for over a decade and then the Sox played the National's.

The big kicker for me was that the local cable did not carry the Baltimore/DC sports channel because they wanted to be a premium required like TBS or something, not a premium add on. They carry some ACC games, so thought they were a big dea? Regardless, I had zero way to get those games in a legal manner until I learned of this a day after the season ended.

Getting all the Pats and Washington Football Team(for my wife) was worth the price of admission.

MongoLikeSox

Some fun on the farm.

A kid named Nick Northcut down in Greenville is off to an interesting start. In 24 games, he has a 3-1 strike out to Home ratio. (LOL) He strikes out a lot. Makes Dalbec's numbers last year look like he was Wade Boggs. That also means this kid's got 13 dingers so far. Not bad for 24 games into a season for any league.

longgame

I don't if 3 is good or bad, but I had to look it up and Dalbec is Ks to HR!  Just looked up JF Martinez is a 4.8 so I think the magic on this kid is in the denominator!

MongoLikeSox

I'm sure that's not a stat. It happened to catch my eye. 13 home runs in 24 games so far was the big thing that caught my attention. Not sure I would have even seen that if he did not homer last night and saw it in the box score.