Main Menu

Re: Correa

Started by Sea Dog 23, November 08, 2021, 06:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Houston has offered Correa, but that won't hold water for just a 5 year deal.  They did open the bidding.  Yankees or Dodgers next up?  I don't think Bloom will bite at those crazy numbers.

MLBTR headlines:

The Giants Are Set For One Of The Busiest (And Maybe Biggest-Spending) Offseasons Of Any Team

Astros Offer Carlos Correa Five-Year, $160MM Contract

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 08, 2021, 06:57:06 AM
Houston has offered Correa, but that won't hold water for just a 5 year deal.  They did open the bidding.  Yankees or Dodgers next up?  I don't think Bloom will bite at those crazy numbers.

MLBTR headlines:

The Giants Are Set For One Of The Busiest (And Maybe Biggest-Spending) Offseasons Of Any Team

Astros Offer Carlos Correa Five-Year, $160MM Contract

Well I never thought we were in the race for Carlos Correa  even though he was the guy I wanted more than any other FA on the market  However, it is important for owner John Henry not to nickel and dime us to death with castoffs like Richards, retreads like Santana and past flops like Cordero.  We need two top notch relievers, at least one solid starting pitcher and another solid hitter or maybe two.  That will cost some money and theo owner needs to be willing to spend to get that kind of team for Alex and his coaches.