ALCS GAME # 6 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, October 22, 2021, 10:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Keystone Kops again. And Eovaldi is gone with only 63 pitches? WTF?

MongoLikeSox

I think we're re-understanding the whole "championship caliber defense" thing.  sigh

markj

Santana is in? Really? Is Cora intentionally trying to lose this game?

markj

At least they won't get no-hit. Any bets on whether or not they get Kike home from 3B?

markj

1st and 3rd, one out. And Cora sends in Shaw, who has done jack shit. Then again, the whole team has done jack shit lately, so....

MongoLikeSox

whole-lee crap!!!  The manager just single handedly killed a rally. UFB!!!!   It's gonna get really ugly now.

longgame

As Shaw began his swing I thought “thank God, he didn’t hit into a DP” but there’s Verdugo, delivering that great Sox running game.  Now I’m guessing Kike goes to 2B, Schwarber to LF and Dalbec to 1B?

Doesn’t matter, that was truly their last chance.  How fitting - leave men on base while getting thrown out on the bases. 

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 22, 2021, 09:45:36 PM
whole-lee crap!!!  The manager just single handedly killed a rally. UFB!!!!   It's gonna get really ugly now.

I’m just beside myself.  Burned up the lineup and killed a rally all at once.  Trying to hard and now they’re toast.

markj

Cora's magic has turned to dust. He's now making things worse with every move.

elktonnick

In truth, I have no problem with trying the hit and run but not with Shaw at the plate.  Shaw is not a contact hitter.

markj

So when does Cora send in Perez? Might as well go out with a bang.