GAME #37- WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 - ATLANTA BRAVES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, September 02, 2020, 07:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 03, 2020, 04:03:03 PM
One more caveat, Fred.  Make that two.  With the union and the owners at each others throats this summer (pre July), what will baseball look like after the CB agreement next summer?

And two, will Henry opt out and sell the team if he doesn't like all this drama in Boston?? I'm sure he has made enemies in the press.  This off-season will also be revealing me thinks.

Good points Sea Dog.  That might be the most excitement Red Sox fans should expect as this ig of a season winds down with our guys sucking wind.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 03, 2020, 04:03:03 PM
One more caveat, Fred.  Make that two.  With the union and the owners at each others throats this summer (pre July), what will baseball look like after the CB agreement next summer?

And two, will Henry opt out and sell the team if he doesn't like all this drama in Boston?? I'm sure he has made enemies in the press.  This off-season will also be revealing me thinks.

My sister who lives outside of Boston says that there is a lot of speculation that Henry plans to sell the team.  I just don't see the press coverage to be a motivator for him to do so, since Henry owns New England's largest and most prominent newspaper in the Boston Globe and he controls NESN.  If he does decide to sell the team I just don't see him doing so now given the pandemic and the general uncertainty about major league in game attendance next year.

longgame

I don't know that this affects the players that much Fred.  They are all just mailing it in this year other than the few teams that have a shot.  Most of the guys who are left are young.