5. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
6. Austin Riley (R) 3B
7. Adam Duvall (R) RF
8. Johan Camargo (S) 2B
9. Ender Inciarte (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Good news, make that a little good news, Braves pitched their stud last night.  Commentators last night said beyond the ace, the other hurlers are guesswork due to injuries (Cole Hammels, et al). 

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 01, 2020, 09:03:16 AM
Good news, make that a little good news, Braves pitched their stud last night.  Commentators last night said beyond the ace, the other hurlers are guesswork due to injuries (Cole Hammels, et al).
Until they come to FENWAY, then the magic of the CROWED takes ovaaa !!!!!

SeaBeachFred

I'll take the LITTLE god news Sea Dog, but glad to said little good news because we're throwing Weber tonight andhe has been totally shitty for us like Brewer has been and Maeza and the rest of the stiffs we keep sending out there.  How about given Darwizon Hernandez a shot and maybe Valdez as well.  I'm sick of seeing Weber and Brewer going out there and getting the cap knocked out of them time after time.  You don't supposed Prune Face is actually going to keep these guys for next year as he continues on his ridiculous and harmful economy kick?

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 01, 2020, 02:43:29 PM

I'll take the LITTLE god news Sea Dog, but glad to said little good news because we're throwing Weber tonight andhe has been totally shitty for us like Brewer has been and Maeza and the rest of the stiffs we keep sending out there.  How about given Darwizon Hernandez a shot and maybe Valdez as well.  I'm sick of seeing Weber and Brewer going out there and getting the cap knocked out of them time after time.  You don't supposed Prune Face is actually going to keep these guys for next year as he continues on his ridiculous and harmful economy kick?

Fred, sorry to say that Darwinzon was diagnosed with an "sprained joint" in his shoulder.  His 95-96 velocity was down to 93 last week, and this is what they found.  Perez has a "finger issue", blister?? from his last start. JDM missed his second game this series.

We are certainly cursed this year.  It would be good that the season ended next week,  but it's about 3-4 weeks.

BoSoxFanNY

WHO are these relief pitchers???????
Early in the game - the score was tied at 2.
Relief pitchers have given up 8 runs.

Braves 10 - Sox 2

SO READY for this season to be over . . .

elktonnick

markj

If my math is correct, they'd have to play .750 ball from here on out to post a .500 season. Just sayin'.

elktonnick

The only way they can play .750 ball is if they only play intra squad games with players from the alternate site!!!!!:) rofl rofl

longgame

Darwinzon is E-Rod, Jr.  Pitches well but can't turn a corner without injuring himself. 

Tonight they have a guy going who hasn't pitched in YEARS!

Bill-806

Did I miss something , where is J D for the last two games ?????? iono iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 02, 2020, 10:45:03 AM
Did I miss something , where is J D for the last two games ?????? iono iono iono iono

I believe he got hit on the hand during an at bat -
X-rays came back negative - possible his hand is still sore.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 01, 2020, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 01, 2020, 02:43:29 PM

Fred, sorry to say that Darwinzon was diagnosed with an "sprained joint" in his shoulder.  His 95-96 velocity was down to 93 last week, and this is what they found.  Perez has a "finger issue", blister?? from his last start. JDM missed his second game this series.

We are certainly cursed this year.  It would be good that the season ended next week,  but it's about 3-4 weeks.

Well Ted I certainly don't blame you for giving me the basd news.  Our team has been bad news all year and I feel vindicated by asserting that the season should have never started.  It would have saved all of us some unneeded angst.  Our lineup now looks like a minor league one.  Munoz, Lin, Arauz?  Hell with that trio it makes Bradley looked like one of our stalwarts in the lineup.